Chapter One: Leaving Home

A young girl, around the age of four, climbed a tree. It was midday, and she was playing hide and seek with her mom . "Where is my little girl hm?" Said her mother, teasing. *She can't get me.* The little girl thought mischeviously. But then she heard a rustling in the branches. *Who is that? Mother definitely wouldn't climb a tree to come and get me!* She was a little nervous, until the branches parted to reveal, her older brother, who was about five. "Meracuchi, you need to find a better hiding spot." Meracuchi pouted. "But momma won't come and climb up here." She pointed out. "Cassak, come on, I was here first." She begged. Cassak, her older brother, smiled mischeviously. "Alright then." He jumped out of the tree. Meracuchi saw her mother was a but surprised.

"What're you doing up in that tree?" She asked. Cassak smiled. "I was hiding with Meracuchi." Her mother laughed a bit, walking up to the tree. "Oh come on little falcon in the tree." She called. Meracuchi giggled a bit. "I'm not a falcon!" She said indignantly, as she climbed down the tree.
A small speeder , pulled up to the house. Meracuchi hid behind her brother, who stood next to his mother. Then her little toddler brother, Thomas, waddled out. Meracuchi picked him up, and looked nervously at the people who stood in front of her and her family.
"Ma'am, " one said , bowing slightly. He had dark skin, and wore cream and light brown robes. "I believe it is time." Meracuchi's mother nodded. "A moment please , I'll get her things." Her mother grabbed her hand, and led her inside. She put a few things in a drawstring bag, including a necklace, a small stone with a falcon carved in it, and a mini blaster.

Meracuchi's eyes widened at the blaster. "Momma? Why-?" Her mother cut her off, caressing her child. "Your going to go to a very special place, and do very special things. Your going to be a Jedi, and make us all so proud." Her mother said, close to tears. "Make us proud little falcon."

Meracuchi walked out of the house, and sat in the speeder. She waved vigorously, to Cassak, Thomas, and her mother. And to everything she had ever known.