three - dutch braids

Ethan's been pushing me around for about two minutes and neither of us have said anything. He not hanging his head low in embarrassment so that's a good sign. Our schedules have been fitted for each other so we have the same lessons for basically everything except pe, well I obviously don't do pe He turns the corner and pushes open a door into a maths classroom. Everyone is looking at me, ugh I hate myself.

" Hello dear you must be Audrey? " Asks the teacher. She looks in her thirties and a little but of a hippy. I nod my head.

" I'm ms roberts and if you don't mind you can sit next to Ethan ok darling?" I weakly smile and then Ethan pushed me to the back next to his desk.

--

" And then you have to times the square by your denominator and-"

"Hey"

I turn my head from my answer sheet and Ethan is staring at me. "Hey" I whisper trying not to sound petrified. Breath Audrey, breath.

"Do you understand this?"

"Well.. you can just copy me". I'm trying to get on his good side and it might be working. "Thanks" he smiles at me and I'm dead. This guy so good looking I might just keel over and die.

Then just as I'm about to melt from this guys hotness the bell goes. He gets up behind me and starts pushing me out the door but before we leave the teacher calls both are names.

"Yes ms roberts ?"

She sits down " well Ethan if you haven't guessed your grades have slipped a lot recently and well Audrey.. your work is phenomenal! So you Ethan Audrey is your new tutor!"

Oh for gods sake! This guy scares me enough now I have to tutor him out of school! He's gonna get so angry and-

" okay no problem ms, see you Monday "

He turns around and pushes me out the room. Oh my..

--

It's been 4 days since my first day and because Ethan pushes me everywhere I haven't exactly been bullied. I told my mom I have a buddy but not that he is a boy and I have the biggest crush on him.

What!- umm I don't have a crush on Ethan. Okay, maybe just a tiny weeny baby crush on him.

We've never exactly had a full on conversation but he doesn't scare me anymore so that's a good sign. Right now I'm watching stranger things with Abby. It's a hot Friday afternoon and I just finished school.

" yes eleven you badass!" Abby shouts. Even though she's an adult she's a child at heart.

ding

I pick up my phone. Nobody usually texts me so this is unusual.

unknown: hey :)

Audrey: hi sorry you probably have the wrong number :(

unknown: Is this mrs Audrey brooks ?

Audrey: umm how do you know my name ?..

unknown: :)))

Audrey: ok imma block u bye

unknown: no don't it's just me Ethan

Audrey: oh hi Ethan. How'd you get my number?

Ethan♥: I can't say :)

Audrey: I'm gonna block you :)

Ethan♥: ok fine it was Abby..

What?!.. Oh my god. I'll kill her later.

Audrey: she's so annoying ugh :/

Ethan♥: aha. Because you're my tutor I was wondering if you were free to revise tomorrow morning? :)

Audrey: sure that's kool with me :) is ten ok with you ?

Ethan♥: tens fine, Here's my address. seeya tomorrow ;))

Audrey: thanks Ethan, bye :)

I'm such a nerd. I have butterflies everywhere, I feel like I'm on cloud nine. Then I remember about Abby. I turn the tv off.

" auds! Why'd you do that?! "

I raise my eyebrow. " how did Ethan get my number Abigail? "

She smirks. " well young Audrey. Your boyfriend- "

" not my boyfriend! "

"Whatever. But Ethan turned up asking for your number, and because I'm so nice I gave it to him "

" Abby!! Why ?"

She shrugs and then says.

"Oh and have fun on your date tomorrow"

T H E N E X T M O R N I N G

You can do this Audrey you can do this. Deep breaths, in & out, in & out.

" Audrey? You ready to go ?" Says Abby with her head around my door.

" yeah "

She picks me up and carries me to the car then puts my chair and tanks in the back. Abby did my makeup today, it's really light and natural but I kinda feel confident. She gave me her really nice denim jacket and I've got a grey shirt with a alien on the corner of it on. I'm wearing black leggings and Abby did my hair in Dutch braids. I've tried my best not to look ugly and failed miserably.

For goodness sake Audrey! You're his tutor just teaching him some maths. He is perfect and deserves a beautiful girl who isn't in a wheelchair and has stupid breathing tanks and wires that help you breath! Now get a grip and take some deep breaths in and out. In and-

" We're here Audrey ". She shuts her door and goes to the back of the car to open the truck and get my chair out. My heart starts racing and my breathing speeds up.

" I don't want to go anymore take me home "

I'm sorry this is awful it's gonna get better I promise 🤞