Part Two

A little boy sits on his bed, holding a Gameboy Color. He closes his tired eyes, trying to remember what types the Elite Four used.

It's already two thirty in the morning but he doesn't notice.

A note flutters to the floor. When the boy finally remembers, he opens his eyes.

Do you have blood?

He thinks his brother has left it there. Irritated, he shouts, "Yes, Duh!"

The note disappears, unseen by the boy as he returns to Pokémon Crystal.

The Gameboy screen flickers and dies. The boy shouts in anger and shudders when he realises that the screen has become another note.

How sweet is your blood?

He starts to become unnerved.

He glances at the clock. He realises it is late. Shivering, he crawls into bed, the whole room is cold.

There is a shard of glass on his bed and he cuts himself. A droplet of blood wells up and falls onto the bed, staining the sheet. The glass vanished. Why is there glass?

An edge of the glass was smooth, as if it had stabbed so many people that it had smoothened out. The boy had cut himself on another edge, this one jagged. This piece of glass helped ghosts taste blood, though he did not know that.

It has descended into the ownership of this man, this ghost, this... Creature, desperate to fulfill its purpose.

The child holds back a scream as for an instant, a rotting corpse covered in blood stands over him. It's empty eye sockets bore into him and its rotten tongue licks the tiny droplet of blood.

The child hears a moaning sound and in an instant, the creature is gone.

All thoughts of Pokémon or otherwise vanish as all he thinks about is the corpse.

It's all a joke. It was an elaborate joke, that was all.

That was his last thought.

Red blossomed from his chest like a many petalled flower. He uttered a small scream as the creature appeared again.

It seemed excited. It was excited. It was moaning, and grinning at the same time.

The boys parents ran into the room. All they saw was a glimpse of red before the monster vanished.

In the room, there was only the boy, the Gameboy Color lying untouched on the floor. The boy was yet another ghost, waiting for redemption.

It gets redemption with blood.

You have blood don't you?