Another Life

I still can't believe he left me. I've been in a state of depression for a two weeks, now. I knew he wasn't coming back, and I knew that he was my whole world, and I could never try and get over him.

So what did I have to live for?

I knew Charlie and Renee would be heartbroken, but I couldn't live like this anymore.

I drove my truck to the Cullen's mansion, just to visit it one last time. Every piece of furniture was there, but covered. Even the piano was still there. I uncovered it, still smelling his scent, as I pressed a couple of keys...I didn't know how to play, but all of a sudden I felt a kick in my stomach. I hadn't been very observant lately, so I hadn't realized that I was changing. I went into the bathroom and looked in the full-length mirror. A large bump was forming, but the only sex I've ever had was with a vampire, and that was two weeks ago, right before he left, yet I clearly looked four months pregnant!

Oh, shit!

I knew now that I wanted to live, especially as I felt a slight kick in me, and it made my heart warm up, again.

But what was I supposed to do?

Since I was at the Cullen's, I looked everywhere, trying to find for any place to where they may have gone.

Try Carlisle's office, mommy, I heard a little voice in my head, and it shocked me, especially when she added, He may have blood in there, and I'm thirsty.

I did as she said, and I found the blood. As I drink it, I realized how good it tasted. I had been feeling ill for a while, now, and now I was feeling much better.

After we both were satisfied, I went through his entire office, not finding any information about where they may have gone. I found a phone book, and started calling all the numbers in there. The last one was the Denali's.

This time, someone picked up. It was a woman with an accent. “Hello?”

“Please don't hang up on me,” was the first words out of my mouth. “I know you know the Cullen's and that they left Forks.”