Chapter 2

So our story starts at round about 7 in the evening, one of my favourite times of day, because of course it's always gotta be evening when kids run off to be them true selves. But sadly, someone else decided to join the fun. And that persons true self was...... well.... different. Darker. Experimented in ways. Curious most of all. And curiosity killed the cat. They say damaged cats have 7 lives. Well, these kids make up a cat together. 7 for 7 right? But let's not think too much about that.
But anyway. Let's begin shall we? Who gets to go first? Eeny, meeny, miney, how about Alex? They're interesting.

Alex's pov

I sigh, looking down at arm, sunlight shining through the window. My mind turning, thinking up stories as I scribble them down in my notebook. I created stories to hide from reality, relishing in the comfort of the words spinning round in my head. It was peaceful luckily today. The factory was never that noisy. The occasional old pipe, but nothing drastic. It created an atmosphere that always calmed me. I look back out of the window, the sun illuminating the overgrown grass field around. The wind blowing gently over the tops of the grass, creating a swaying chorus.
Until a shrill alarm rang out through the factory. I jump up, shoving my notebook in my bag and looking around quickly. The noise was piercing through the silence, echoing off the walls, entrapping me. My head throbbed as the never ending chirps of the alarm cut through.
I climb down the stairs, dashing towards the exit, wanting to leave as my silence was interrupted. I reached the front and sigh, until I try the door. Locked. I slam against it and step back when security screens start sliding down. It falls quickly, and does the same for every exit possible. I was being locked in an abandoned factory? I look around, trying to plot my surroundings. Which way is which? If I could figure out exactly where I was I could find the control room. Suddenly boxes start to slide down from the roof of the factory. I look around and see other teenagers running towards me. I panicked and back up and go for the door, only to remember it's blocked.
"Open the door!" One girl with blond hair, blue eyes that screamed 'bitch', wearing a crop top with short shorts in blue and pink with high heels screams at me. How she was able to walk around here with high heels on escaped me. She smelled strongly of perfume and had smudged makeup and lipstick.
My gaze falls onto the guy next to her, lipstick faint over his lips. I roll my eyes slightly. He had one of the local schools red sports team uniforms, contrasting his hazel coloured hair and emerald green eyes that almost cheered out the word 'football', the scent of grass and mud sprung from him. Perfect, a jock and a cheerleader. Lovely.
"I can't! It's blocked!" I yell in reply over the sound of these boxes, possibly mean to be rooms, descending upon us.
"Let me try!" A girl with dark skin, chestnut hair and warm honey eyes, shining with intelligence. The scent of coffee and metal jumped from her like a sleep deprived engineer, which she probably was. She had some kind of glove on her hand, which reminded me of Iron Man, and a Red and gold hoodie on over a black t shirt, with black jeans and trainers. She steps forwards and the glove seems to glow. "Step back!" She yells. We step back and I collide with a wall in my haste as the boxes hit the ground, enclosing us. I notice doors on each wall, and my brow furrows. Suddenly a loud blaster sound pierced the sudden silence as a glowing light crashes into the wall, leaving a burnt mark.
"What was that?" A girl with sharp strawberry blonde hair and shining forest green eyes, calling out for comfort. She wore a grey t-shirt and ripped jeans, the smell of pine and grass rolling from her, along with the smell of embers. "A plasma beam," The chestnut haired girl replies.
There were 3 other teenagers with us. The first had dirty blond hair and jade eyes, calling for release. He looks fearfully at the Jock guy. He wore a worn grey hoodie and a neatly kept beanie atop his head, grey trousers and black trainers to finish. But he had a rainbow bracelet on. I can see why he didn't like the Jock now. He was in the corner, trying to remain out of sight, so out of mind of everyone.
The next was a guy with ebony hair and ice blue eyes shining brightly. He seemed bouncy and energetic, wearing a black hoodie with the words 'Theatre is my home' written on it and black clothing. A thespian, I could see from his folder of scripts he had. He stood at the back of the room, near one of the doors.
The final was a girl, with dark cherry hair and two differently coloured eyes. One was a deep sea green, and the other a bright sky blue. But both eyes were empty and lonely. She wore a plaid shirt over plain jeans and trainers. She was silent, waiting at the edge of the room we were enclosed it.
I look around, recounting the numbers in my head.
"Where did the Strawberry blond girl go?" I ask, my voice echoing.
"Who cares?" The jock asks. I roll my eyes
We waited in silence for what was probably only about 5 minutes, but felt like an hour in the echoing silence, before a screed flickered to life.