2.

A'lanna Woods
2 weeks later.

State Vs. Kentrell Gaulden And A'lanna Woods

Is what the court room door read as I stepped foot inside. My anxiety began to rise as I though about all of the possible ways this day can turn out.

One, either good and in my favor, or 2, it can go the complete opposite of how I planned which wouldn't be good at all.

I looked at Kentrell as he already sat in his tanish brown suit before walking next to him. I rubbed my sweaty hands down my fitted pencil skirt before reaching over to shake hands with the lawyer.

Once we shook hands, I took my seat and grabbed on to Kentrells chained up hand. "I love you" I whispered to him as he just stared out into space. He didn't respond causing me to sigh.

I knew he was mad, and I know how stubborn he gets at times, but I'm just doing whats best for both of us.

"All rise" the officer spoke as we all stood from our seats watching as the judge entered. Once he took his seat, we were allowed to take ours once again.

"State of Louisiana Vs. Kentrell Gaulden And A'lanna Woods" he introduced the case.

"Last court hearing, we had a testimony, one that told us she actually did the crime, correct?" The judge asked both lawyers. "Yes sir" they spoke in unison.

"Kentrell, we found you innocent. You will hereby be sentenced four years for cutting off your house arrest band, burglary and self destruction. Two years on parole, and 16 months on house arrest. Bail set at $0." He told him. Kentrell just nodded while my heart thumped. "A'lanna Woods, just as you said you were found guilty. You will be sentenced to two years for self defense murder and carrying handgun without license, bail set at $0." He told me. "You two will then sign a consent form that says you will not be allowed with or around each other for twelve months unless told otherwise" he explained. Instead of saying anything, we both stood quietly. "Case dismissed" he smashed his gavel against the sound block as the officer came over to put me in cuffs.

Speechless, Thats what I am right now, speechless.

"I love you" Trell mouthed as they dragged him in the opposite direction. "I love you too" I mouthed back as he was now out of sight.

Two years of freedom gone down the drain, just like that.

Short chapter, but keep or redo? 🤔