envelope

shanes POV,,

     college, i hated it. i didn't know anyone else who hated it as much as me, and i knew a lot of people. Waiting 1 to 2 hours for classes just wasn't my thing, the class part especially. I was in a dorm with 3 other guys, Ricky and Joey i knew already. And then there was Ryland, i could say i knew him. He hadn't been here for long, though. me, ricky, and joey were the original three. then he got moved to our dorm room because apparently he had problems with his first dorm members. 

Joey and Ricky tried to squeeze everything out of him looking for drama and using him as much as they could. they would ask for money, get rides, even get him to listen to drama so he could report it back to the two. I thought it was unfair. but i couldn't tell them cause then they would pull one of those, 'ohhhh do you like hiiimmm' 

"shane!!!" I heard the sound of Ryland's voice snapping through the air. I immediately got a bad feeling about this. Ryland was never mad, and when he did get mad, oh it was serious. you better start running. He's small but he packs a punch. 

"what is it?" I called back from the couch. "where did Joey leave my shirt?" He said sounding obviously stressed, Joey and Ricky were out. "what shirt?" I asked lazily raising my voice so that i didn't have to get up. "shane! stop yelling at me!" He said. He popped his head out of the door way with a pout on his face. "i'm sorry!"i said feeling a bit guilty, i hated seeing Ryland uset even if he just was joking. Ryland let out a small laugh. what a cute laugh. I blushed a little getting up. "what shirt was it?" 

"the one with the dog that has sunglasses?" He asked desperately  He loved that shirt, and he did look pretty good in it if i say so myself. What am i saying. Forget it. "no.." I responded sadly. "but i can help look." I smiled. Ryland smiled back. His smile was enough to make anyone's heart melt. Especially mine. Okay, i had to admit i had a small crush on him. and by small i mean extremely big and hard to hide, i get all sweaty and nervous around him. My heart beats faster every time i look at his face, he's so beautiful. 

"great!" Ryland's enthusiastic voice cut through my thoughts. I nodded blushing even more now at my own thoughts. I was helping Ryland look around when i found something. It was under his be din a small box. I opened it and saw only one thing, a white envelope with a heart shaped sticker keeping it closed. All the possibilities ran through my head as i turned it on its back side. 

To: Shane

From: Ryland

My eyes widened. What was in it?? Why did he have to hide it? It was for me? I quickly put it back in the box just as Ryland walked back in. "i found it!" He happily exclaimed. I turned around rapidly and felt my heart start to race.

 I wasn't thinking that i let out the most embarrassing thing i had ever told him. "you look so nice in your shirt" It might not sound so embarrassing but it was for me. it definitely was. "i-i do?" He stuttered. "yea.. of course.." I scratched the back of my neck. He flashed me a small smile. "thanks..." He smiled. My heart felt as if it was running marathon, i could have swore i heard the slight pumps as it got faster and faster. "yea sure!" I tried to play it cool. I turned back around sliding the box back under then standing up.

 "do you know when Joey and Ricky are coming back?" Ryland asked me. "hm.." I thought for a moment walking closer to him. "no.. sorry" I said giving him a smile. "yea its fine, you want to go out?" He asked." He looked at me and realized that we were both thinking the same thing. "sundaes?" I asked hopefully. "sundaes!" Ryland smiled. We both laugh. His laugh was so cute. 

We came out of our dorms and headed to the parking lot. We got in my car. I put on my seatbelt and started to drive. Ryland followed shortly. 

When we got to the Sundae place I was the first one out of the car/ I ran to rylands door and opened it. It was just something i normally did. Ryland got out and gave me a smile. My heart melted at that smile. I even held the door open from the sundae shop. Yes I'm a try hard, but i really like him. 

Ryland's POV,,

     It was really nice of Shane to help me out of the car and hold the door for me. he was really nice. When i moved into Their dorm i had a major crush on Shane, and i still do. I wonder if theres a chance between us. 

I smiled at shane as he held the door open and walked in. I could see Shane's small smile, and it was the cutest thing. We sat down at one of the booths and looked through the different ice creams they had. "which one are you getting?" I said to break the silence between the two of us. "mh, probably mint chocolate chip" He said looking up at me with a smile. His smile was a beautiful thing. 

I'm so glad i met him. I knew that i would never have the courage of telling him how i felt so i wrote it. I just need the courage to give it to him. I could just slip it under his pillow till he noticed? Or hid it somewhere in our dorm? But then there the chance of Ricky and Joey finding it... I wouldn't want that! They would tease me till i died! 

"good choice!" I smiled. "i think I'm getting bubblegum" I said finally deciding. Shane smiled. We put our orders in and waited for them to be done. "hey shane," I started. Shane looked up. "uh..." I suddenly got nervous when shane looked at me. Then our ice cream saved the day, the waiter gave us the ice cream and we both smiled saying  thank you. "what were you saying Ry?" Shane asked me taking a lick of his ice cream. "don't worry about it ill tell you later, lets just enjoy this ice cream." I smiled beginning to eat. "sure!" Shane smiled. 

After a little we finished our ice creams. I started to take out my wallet when shane stopped me. "ill pay" He smiled. "no its okay, i invited you!" I giggled a bit. "no its okay Ryland. I got you" He gave me a small wink and i almost had a heart attack. I froze blushing. I could see Shane blush and smile to himself as he walked up to the counter paying. What a heart throb. I love him. 

We went out and shane turned to me. "park?" he asked. "sure" I smiled. I walked with my head down to the car as shane opened the door for me once again. I got in and smiled. At that moment i was about ready to have a heart attack, He was just the sweetest. 

"the ice cream was good right?" I asked shane. "yea! bummer i didn't get to taste yours" He said taking small glances at me before eloping back at the road. "you could have just asked" I giggled. "theres always a next time" Shane smiled. next time, theres going to be a next time! "what were you saying?" Shane asked. I froze again. "oh.. i was just going to say thank you.." I said making up an excuse. "oh no problem" Shane said with a smile

. We got to the park and sat on a bench. we saw a couple of people but mostly it was empty. Shane was watching the ducks across form us going into the pond and back.He waste busy watching the ducks that he didn't notice me staring at him. I was examine his face. His blue eye sphere amazing. his greenish blue eyes with a hint of grey were the most beautiful thing that i had ever seen. 

He turned to be and we were face to face. I froze and blushed. I could have swore that his eyes had shifted to my lips, and so did mine.