Chapter 5

Our conversation continued casually. I was really curious to learn his name. " what's your name by the way?" I finally asked.

"Tom" he answered smirking. My dad was the first to stand on the podium. He looked all types of nervous and his face appeared to be pale.

"I see, my name is Betty." I automatically responded realizing what I just did. He didn't even ask for my name. I mentally face-palmed myself and prayed he didn't hear me.

He chuckled and said "I know." I was rather confused at his response. I didn't get the chance to respond as my dad started speaking. My dad began talking about how he and my mom met.

My mind kept wandering at how Tom knew my name. After a couple of moments, I leaned towards him and whispered "how do you know me?". He smelt of the perfume One by Calvin Klein.

He softly chuckled and then smirked.

Everything hit me as quick as a lightning. "Omg are you blocked ID?" I gasped as my eyes widened in shock.

"Maybe" he sniggered waiting for my reaction. By this time my dad was done speaking and passed the floor to a person a barely recognized.

My stomach was churning and my palms were clammy. For the first time in forever the universe wasn't conspiring against me. I sat still in my seat before turning to Lizzie and Jane.

At this point they had their heads turned attentively towards me. "Guys" I silently mouthed. "He's blocked ID" I continued with my eyes widening.

Lizzie and Jane both exchanged confused looks. I rolled my eyes and handed them my cellphone. After reading, they passed me back the phone and had smirks both plastered across their face.

Like literally, can everyone I know stop smirking.

***
Moments Later

The funeral was almost ending and I was standing in a group with Lizzie and Jane.

Tom walked towards us and stood there before asking the question "I'm not sure if this is inappropriate but do you girls want to come over?" He paused and quickly added "I have my other friends coming over as well."

The three of us looked at each other. This could be a better way to getting to know him I thought. "Sure." I said with a grin. Lizzie and Jane both nodded.

I made sure Tom was not anywhere close by earshot. "Omg I can't believe this is happening!" I say jumping up and down.

"I know, I'm kinda excited for you!" Lizzie exclaims and Jane applauded embracing  Lizzie and I into a hug.

"I'm sorry about everything. Let's promise an argument is never going to separate us again" Lizzie said toning down her excitement.

"Yeah" Jane and I both said in unison.

Beep Beep, my phone sounded. I glanced at it. "Oh it's Tom, he sent the location" I said smiling.

"I'm really glad to see you happy" Jane said hugging me tightly.

With that we drove off to Tom's place.

*************************************

To Be Continued!
I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far.
The older version of New Class did not contain the scene were Betty and Tom properly met in person. I really hoped you like their Intro.
Also, do you guys ship them? Cause I doo.