Chapter 1

Mapleshade looked at the spot where Applesdusk had left with Reedshine, and she thought that something was wrong in the way, he looked at Reedshine.So the next night after all the warriors had gone to sleep. She slid out of the den and sneaked toward the entrance of the camp.

When she heard "Mapleshade?What are you doing?" Mapleshade froze the blood pounding in her ears and she slowly turned around and standing there was the clan deputy Beetail."Oh...Um......Hi Beetail I um, didn't see there."Beetail looked at her with concern.

"Are you ok Mapleshade if there is something wrong? You can tell me."

Mapleshade sighed she knew that Beetail was fond of her and she could trust him, right?

"Look can you keep a secret?''

"Of course, I can"

Mapleshade took a deep breath and spoke. "I have been meeting with the Riverclan warrior Appledusk, I am expecting his kits.And at the gathering, he was acting strangely around me and when Reedshine, came over he looked happy at her and......I think he is cheating on me."

She looked at Beetail, who was staring at her a look of pity in his eyes."Mapleshade I.....I support you in whatever you do, so go and see what is really going on."

Mapleshade looked at him in surprise"wh- you do?Beetail nodded.Mapleshade smiled and ran out of the camp entrance, stocking till she reached the shore that bordered Riverclan.

Then she took a deep breath and jumped to the stepping stones, cursing under her breath for she hated water.