Chapter 6

Mapleshade padded into Fourtrees and sat next to Beetail next to the Highrock and looked around for Appledusk and saw him with Riverclan, and he saw her and nodded and he slid into the shadows.Mapleshade followed shortly after when she got to them Appledusk looked at her with love and asked.

"How are my kits are they becoming warriors?"They aren't yours! Mapleshade screeched silently but managed to lay her head on his chest and say"Our kits are apprentices Larchpaw.Petalpaw, and Patchpaw."All training to be warriors?"Well, Patchpaw is training to a medicine cat."

Appledusk looked proud and purred"I am the father of a future medicine cat."Mapleshade looked over his shoulder at Oakstar and he was looking at them and her noded, Oakstar noded back and whispered into Beetails ear and pointed at her with his tail.

Beetail walked over and called out"Mapleshade?Where are you?"Applesdusk looked at him and scowled.

"Well, I better go goodbye, my love.",and she stepped out to meet Beetail and making sure that Appledusk was watching then liked Beetails cheek and said."Right here Beetail."

Then he and Mapleshade walked off, and Mapleshade looked back to see Appledusk glaring at Beetail, and she knew that he would be coming to Thunderclan to see what was going on.

Mapleshade noded at Oakstar and all her clanmates knew that the plan was going well."Thunderclan has three new apprentices Larckpaw and Petalpaw and a medicine at apprentice Patchpaw."

After the gathering, all of the clan gathered and Oakstar spoke: "Our plan is going well soon Appledusk will fell the rath of Thunderclan!"

Later in the night, Oakstar nodded at Mapleshade and Beetail then both of them padded out of the camp and they knew that Appledusk was following, for they could hear him crashing through the undergrowth.

Beetail led Mapleshade to a small clearing by Snakerocks where the moon shone down on the ferns and a small pond lay off to one side, where two ducks swam and noticed the cats but kept swimming.

Mapleshade sat down next to Beetail and checked that Appledusk was there for his brown pelt was flashing out in the undergrowth.Then Beetial entwined his tail with hers and purred."

Mapleshade you are the most beautiful cat I have seen and....Will you be my mate.?"Mapleshade glanced at where Appledusk was crouched and was pleased to see hem scowling at Beetail."Yes, I will be with you until the end of my days, Beetail."

At that Appledusk turned and ran, Mapleshade smiled then she and Beetail ran after him with the rest of the clan following them, for they were hiding in the trees and undergrowth when Appledusk ran.