Honesty

I woke up this morning doing my usual ritual and I got dressed when I walked to the kitchen to eat my breakfast I saw blake. "What are you doing up this early?" I asked "I always get up at eight am." "I thought I was the only one." "So how about we go for a run this morning?" "I can't I have to prepare for a couple of things." "Like?" "it's a surprise for all the alpha's secret pack business." "Come on even your mate can't know?"  "Would you keep it down?" I whispere yelled "what are you ashamed?" "No I'm just trying to make everyone think that I'm keeping things fair between the alpha's and even though life isn't fair." He cut me off "I know I get it I'll keep the M-a-t-e thing down." "Thank you." 

He went outside and I saw him shift into his wolf. "ugh." I groaned as quietly as I could. I saw my mom come down "What's wrong sweetie?" "I'm just under a lot of pressure but no worries I have it all under control. I think." I poured my bowl of cereal and started eating it "honey if you need help then just talk to me I can take control of it go have fun with him while your still young." "I understand that mom, but this is when I can be happy being alpha I like the pressures of running a pack and being a hostess to other alpha's I don't want to give it away because my mate wants to play 1800's house where he has the head job and I'm sitting at home watching kids raising them." 

"Just tell him that I'm sure he'll understand that you just want to date for now not merge packs and pay house." "He's not going to understand that mom he's going to be like all the other's alpha force me into my place and keep running." "How has he been taking the mate news?" "he's been okay I guess he tried to force it this morning by practically shouting it. i guess I could try and talk to him, but he just ran." "So go after him." "Can you cover for me?" "yes honey now go." I walked out side and when I got far enough in I hid my clothes and changed into my white wolf. I opened a connection to him and me only "I thought you had to be in a pack to have mind connections."  I heard him say.

"I'll tell you about that later it's not even really a big deal. I need to talk to you." "about what?" "Remember how you know that we would wait to tell everyone about us being mates." "Are you changing your mind?" "No that's not going to change nor is it negotionable." "then what?" "Look I know that your pissed that I'm calling the shots about this, but I'm calling one more." "And what's your request." "it's not a request Blake to be honest your behavior is making me question being your mate." "Just tell me what it is." "If and when we make it offical I don't want to sit the the back seat like a normal alpha's mate I still want control of my pack and what happens within it." "so your saying you don't want to join packs?"

"No maybe later on, but I like being alpha it's what makes me happy. Mates are suppossed to make each other happy no matter the event." "there also supposed to protect them and take care of them." "So whats that supposed to mean?" "it means that I know what the pressure of being an alpha does to you. You said that you didn't have time to grieve especially in public." "I can deal with it on my own." "Wouldn't you like to get that part of your life over with?" "maybe I don't want it to be over with maybe I like my life before you entered." "is that why your shutting me out?" "No I'm shutting you out because I Don't want to be treated like the 1800's house wife that only raises the kids while the husband controls everything." He walked over to me till we were inches apart. "I'd never do that to you daphne. I care about you sure it'd be a little awkward be we could be co-alpha's split pack duties and we'd still have enough down time to raise kids, or have our own little fun time." 

"I can honestly say your pervertedness doesn't shock me as much as I thought it would." "what you think about how your mate would have been?" "before my dad died yes after not as much then when I met you I had a short while to think about how you could be I obviously didn't need to imagine the physical features. I knew you'd be at least a little perverted to be honest I couldn't imagine it. I know it sounds bad but I honestly knew that it was a good thing I used to hate surprises, but I think it may be a good thing with you." "we should get back they might worry where we are." "You should but my mom has me covered." "still playing teenager?" "I am one I'm seventeen." "I'm twenty." "well I think we should go back I have things to do." "I'll see you at the alpha meeting."

We got dressed which thankfully we put our clothes in different places. I made it back before him and I went into our ballroom that was in our basement I set up the decorations and  when I looked at my watch I saw it was time to have the alpha meeting in the dinning room. I ran over which is a skill in heels. I got in just in time "Sorry I'm late guys okay so lets get down to business I understand that you all want to have a treaty amoung packs." Then one of the alpha's said "I don't know about the others, but my pack just wants a nice safety net we're not the strongest pack in the country, but we have heart and we are hard workers." "Mr.bashing I understand your statement and I agree that every pack wants to feel safe and happy. I know that some alpha's have the same problem and don't want to speak there piece because they have pride." 

"As for us we would like to create a stronger pack to make other packs fear us." it was blake's father "Alpha stone I appriciate your honesty however making other packs fear you just because you feel like you want more power is definitely not a reason to join packs." "it's just because you are a woman you don't understand." "Alpha stone I think even if the previous alpha was here he would agree with me my pack isn't based on power or fear." He sat down "Alpha rosen you may speak your piece." He stood up and said "Thank you Alpha Petil My pack was hopping to join yours in order to help other packs what my pack lacks in power they provide in renewable resources. We can provide free fresh grown food in exchange for help in case we some how get into trouble." 

"Alright gentlemen I will think over your preposals until I say which ones you may enjoy your stay here tonight we are having a formal get together to celebrate a joining of packs I will announce which packs will join me and which shall not. Meeting ajourned." Everyone left but blake "can I help you?" "be honest would you join packs with me?" "under whose rule?" "my fathers." "No." "Why?" "I explained enough during the meeting." "So under my rule?" "I think you know the answer blake." "So are you going to formally announce it tonight?" "I will think about it." I left and helped the rest of the set up. After we were done I ran to my room and got ready thinking over how I'd break the news that Blake was my mate.