[7]

After our fight that night, he barely comes home anymore.

And when he does, he doesn't acknowledge me.

He finally came home one night-drunk.

I held him by his arms and took him to the room. It wasn't easy as he was heavy.

While cleaning him up, something my caught my eye. I saw a smudge of lipstick from beside his lips. My heart shattered upon seeing that.
I didn't say anything and just went to sleep.

I woke up with a headache and made breakfast. Daniel soon came out and sat down.

I didn't say anything and gave him his breakfast. I sat down in front of him and drank some coffee. The atmosphere was silent and tense.

"We need to talk." He started. "Look, I'm-"

"Are you cheating on me?" I asked straightaway.

He dropped his fork. "Excuse me?"

"Are you cheating on me?" I said more firmly this time.

He scoffed. "How could you accuse me like this? I've been out working, and here you are, accusing me of cheating."

"If you aren't cheating, care to explain that lipstick smudge on the side of your lips?"

He used his thumb to rub on his lips.

"Don't say it's your mum. I'm not that stupid anymore."

"So what if I'm cheating on you? I can do whatever I want, it's a free world."

I stood up, "How dare you say that? Just how dare you." My eyes were flaming.

He stood up and said, "If you don't like it, you can leave. I'm done with you anyways."

You held your tears in, trying not to cry. You didn't want to be seen weak in front of him.

"Fine. Just you remember, Kang Daniel, you told me to leave."