Chapter 3 - The Hacker

Chloe was so confused on why Hannah wouldn't tell her who had texted her. They're best friends and they always tell each other everything, so it seemed as though Hannah was keeping a secret.

"Um...Chloe, I have to go", Hannah got up and grabbed her phone and keys.

"Well...Um...ok?", Chloe looked concerned.

After Hannah had left, Chloe called one of her old friends. Brent Parker...he was a mysterious guy. Always disappearing, always hacking, always flirting....in a weird way. Chloe liked him when they were in the ninth grade together, but then he randomly disappeared and she hadn't seen him since. She took out her phone and called his number. It began to ring..and ring...and ring, then finally someone picked up.

"Hello, this is the Parker residence", Someone answered.

"Um hi, is Brent Parker there?", Chloe asked.

"Yes, he is, I'll put him right on the phone for you".

"Wow, has his own damn servants, must be nice Brent.".

"Well nice to talk to you too Chloe", Brent picked up the phone.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude, you weren't supposed to hear that.", Chloe tried to come up with many excuses.

They began talking to each other and Chloe told Brent what had happened. He gave his condolences.
Then, she told him about Hannah and her mysterious text message. Chloe really wanted him to hack into her phone and find out who it was that was texting her.

"It might take me a little bit, but I'm sure i can do it. I'm a little bit rusty but I'm always gonna be a pro at it.", Brent then sat at his desk and got on his computer.

Chloe gave him Hannah's number,"Hey..um...we should meet up sometime since I haven't seen you since 9th grade.

"That would be amazing, I would love to see your beautiful face again.", He saved her number in his phone.

They both hung up and Brent started hacking. Brent was always an odd kid. He had a horrible childhood too. He was 9 years old. It was a normal. Brent and his dad went out to get some dinner. His mom was home cleaning. Once Brent and His father, David, got home,you could see fire through the windows. David quickly got out of the car. Brent saw his mom in the window. She waved at him and he waved back, then she stuck a gun in her mouth, and shot herself.

Again...he had a rough childhood. Chloe decided to drive to the square in Oakfield. Many people visited the square. Mostly to shop and eat. There was a restaurant called Buddy's Diner and pretty much everyone ate there. As Chloe was walking to the diner, everyone was staring at her. It was a pretty odd moment.

Out of nowhere, Chloe got a text. It read," You have 24 hours to save the next victim". Chloe was so frightened. She ran into the diner and sat down at a table. She began to think of every person she could think who would die. She started to wonder...Jeremy Hughes? Jazmine Hills? Brent Parker!?!?

"Oh my god this is horrible", Chloe said, a little too loudly.

Jazmine Hills slotted Chloe and walked over to her. "What's so horrible Chloe? Did you turn your front facing camera on?".

"Wow Jazmine, good one. Now can you leave me alone, I'm really not in the mood for this right now.", Chloe put her head down.

"Um...ok...I was waiting for a comeback, but sure. Sorry", Jazmine walked back to her friends.

Chloe thought to herself why is she acting, kind of nice? She never says sorry. Chloe spent her whole time eating trying to figure out who it could be that was going to die. She also tried to call Hannah but she wouldn't answer. Hannah never didn't answer her phone so Chloe knew something was up. It was time to get to the bottom of this.