Chapter 4 - Twisting Evidence

After Chloe was done eating she called Brent again. "Hey! How's the hacking going".

Brent said nothing. All you could hear was his deep breaths. And then...he spoke,"Chloe, you're not gonna like this".

"What? Why? What did you find? I knew something was up. Is it really bad?", Chloe was pacing back and forth on the sidewalk.

"I really think we should meet in person for this, where are you right now?", Brent asked. He got up and grabbed his jacket, then ran out the door.

"I'm at the square right now. I just left Buddy'a Diner".

"Chloe, go back inside now! Stay there please. I'm on my way", Brent got in his matte black Jeep and drove to the square.

Chloe got a scary feeling. The weather made it even worse. It was dark, and gloomy outside. The clouds casted a shadow over the whole town. Chloe turned around, and there he was...Brent Parker. He was tall, with a soft pale peach sort of skin, with the most freckles in the world. The most handsome boy Chloe has ever seen. She still remembers writing about him in her Journal. She always named her poems "My boy". Chloe was kind of obsessed with him, but she got over it when he moved away. She was mainly in love with his beautiful bright blue eyes.

Chloe ran up and hugged him,"Brent! I missed you so much! I can't believe your actually here".

"Me niether. You're prettier than I remember Chloe. I'm so glad I got to see you again.", After they got done greeting each other, they walked into the diner.

They talked for about 30 minutes and ate some of their food,"Hey Brent, take a pic for me! For old times sake!", Chloe took out her phone and turned on the camera.

"Ugg, ok...just this once, then I have to show you what I found.", He posed for the camera.

Brent pulls up what he found on his phone

Brent pulls up what he found on his phone. It was all of Hannah's texts. Chloe saw something suspicious.

"Wait, scroll back up. Click that one.", She said.

"Chloe I have to warn you, it's a lot to take in. This girl you trusted for all your life, Is not who you think she is.", Brent handed Chloe the Phone.

She looked through the text messages. It showed Hannah texting someone. The name wasn't in the phone. All it said was unknown. It showed her planning the crash of the car, and who would get killed next. It was Jazmine. It seems as though Hannah is trying to kill off the suspects who Chloe thought could be the killer. She was trying to get rid of the evidence.

"Chloe, before you say anything. I have something else. I was able to track the number of the Unknown number...and it's Paris' phone.", Brent explained, he softly started to hold Chloe's hand.

A tear streamed down Chloe's face." It's obviously not Paris. I saw her, and she was dead. But someone with access to her phone is texting Hannah. What if it's Jeremy Hughes? He works at the police department. He could have easily sneaked into the room and took the phone."

"Chloe, what if they're both behind this. We have to do something. First, we need to help Jazmine stay alive.", Brent got up and went over to Jazmine since she was still in the diner, "Jazmine, you have to come with me right now. It's an emergency."

"Well isn't it the handsome Brent Parker. Round of applause for you, you finally came back to the small town of Oakfield. I mean, if it's that much of an emergency, ok", Jazmine got up and followed Brent.

A few minutes passed and Brent texted Chloe."Chloe I need you now!!!".

She rushed out the door. Trying to find Brent she turned into the alley way. There he was, with Jazmine laying on the ground...knocked completely out. "Brent! What did you do?!?!".