Night Howl

Our feet crunch on the walking trail beneath us, filling the comfortable silence between us.

In the distance, wolves can be heard howling into the night sky.

I jump at the sudden noise when Blair howls along with them. Her voice echoing through the trees that surround us.

"I wish I could be like them. They get to be free everyday and don't have to deal with the bullshit that I have to everyday," she says, looking up at the sky.

"How are your parents doing? I assume that's why you wanted to take a walk on the middle of the night," I say.

"Well, if killing someone was legal, I'm sure they would  have killed each other by now. They don't think their fighting is affecting me, but it is. I can't take it anymore. I'm glad this is our last year of high school. Once we graduate, I'm moving out. I don't care what they say," she says, kicking at the dirt beneath us.

"Whatever you decide, I will always be there. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. You're too important to me," I say, bring her close to my side.

She smiles at me and starts howling once more. I join in a couple seconds after.

Our howls fills the empty gaps between the trees.

Whenever I'm with her, I'm always happy. I want to make sure she's happy as well. She doesn't know this, but I lover her. I have since we first met. Maybe tonight will be the night I tell her.

After awhile we start walking again, making conversation here and there, enjoying each others company, and not caring about where we go. 

As long as we're together, everything is okay.

"Oh look at that!" she shouts as she runs over to the towns lake.

I stop in my tracks when I see what she's talking about.

The moon is bright enough to make a refection on the water of itself and the tress that surround the lake.

It's positioned just right to make it look unreal.

She looks amazing under the moon light. The way the light cascades over her body, makes me love her more.

"This is amazing," I say, joining her by the edge of the water.

"You know what else is amazing?" Blair asks.

"What's that?" I ask, turning towards her.

"You. Everything you do for me is amazing. I can't believe I'm saying this right now, but I love you Mahteo and I always have." She says, stepping closer to me.

Did she just say what I think she said? She loves me?

"Like a best friend love or more?" I ask, wanting to know before I tell her how I feel.

"I'm thinking more," she says, giving me a slight smirk.

"You know what Blair, I love you too."

Thank you for Reading!

Please tell me what you think!  :)

#midnightsunmovie