The Prince and The Peasant

In a little town, far away from the Castle or the city surrounding it, one young girl and one young boy were born. The boy came from a family of wealth, of prosperity, and of high stature. What his family was doing in a dusty dank town, no one new. The girl was of a family low in the social ladder, what you could call peasants. They didn’t live in the town, instead on a farm miles away from the nearest supermarket. This, of course, meant they were also miles away from the nearest infirmary or doctors. Nevertheless, they travelled to the same town the wealthier family were in and delivered their baby girl safely. The richer family were not so lucky. Although they had money, nothing could interfere with the power of Fate. The mother died a harsh and painful death, leaving the father with his only heir. The two families became one that night, consoling and calming. But come morning, the rich and poor were once again separated by blood. The poor travelled back to their farm, with a healthy daughter in hand. The rich went back to their kingdom, to once again assume the position they had so desperately left. The father, alone and unaided, King and his son, his one and only heir.