Chapter 6: A New Threat, an Oldale Feeling

Author's Note:

Bonjour everyone. Another chapter of Generation Z here for you. Yes, I know it's been awhile for LU. Just trying to sort some things out for that, but it's coming this week. For now, though, it's Bonnie's time to shine once more. Hope you enjoy.

Chapter 6: A New Threat, an Oldale Feeling

Bonnie could hear the sounds of Oldale Town in the distance, and it filled her with a huge sense of relief and happiness. It wasn't much. In fact, she would arrive in new towns countless times throughout her journey, and she had already done so when travelling with Ash, Serena and Clemont, but this time, it was her journey. She hadn't gotten here alone, but it was the path she'd chosen for herself, and as she neared Oldale Town, she couldn't help but think of it as a meaningful step on her journey.

"Oldale Town...I remember coming here when I was little." Bonnie turned, looking to Clyde as he looked ahead, the trees giving way to a clear path ahead.

She followed his gaze, squinting as she tried to focus better, seeing the tips of the small houses over the hill. Most interesting, though, were the ruins they saw as they finally emerged from the forest, tall stones sticking up around some kind of excavation site. There seemed to be the remnants of some sort of building in the centre of it all, where a man was currently standing, taking some notes. A couple of other people were watching near some stones, but they wandered off a moment later.

"What did you do here?" Bonnie asked, not remembering any special stories about Oldale Town from Serena. She did remember Ash mentioning some kind of attack from the group called Team Magma, but he'd told her so many stories that she couldn't remember the details of all of them.

"I was pretty young, but I saw those ruins. My...dad was doing some research on them, but I don't think anything came of it." He shrugged, pausing as he looked up to Treecko, who was resting on his shoulder. "It's probably the reason why I like prehistoric Pokemon so much. My mom gave me a bunch of toys for Pokemon like Aerodactyl and Armaldo."

"Zzt, I would very much like to see these prehistoric Pokemon!" Rotom said excitedly, floating out in front of Clyde, who looked at him in surprise. "Where can I find them?"

"I don't know. I never actually saw them," Clyde admitted, chuckling a little. "They're prehistoric...so...you probably can't find them anywhere unless it's with a place like Devon Corp."

"My friend Trevor has an Aerodactyl," Bonnie told him, something that Rotom seemed to remember in that moment, going through his pictures and finding one of the Fossil Pokemon. "He probably found it while doing his photography, though. He goes to all sorts of places to do that."

That seemed to excite Clyde quite a bit, and she was worried he was going to somehow strangle Rotom, until they stopped, hearing footsteps ahead of them. Bonnie looked up, noticing the man that had been taking notes before, approaching them from the ruins. He looked normal enough, running a hand through his spiky brown hair and wiping some dirt off from his yellow shirt, but Clyde seemed to look at him like he was some kind of famous star.

"You're Professor Alden!" he shouted, looking towards the man, who stopped a couple of feet away, smiling, although looking surprised to be recognized. "I read your book on Relicanth and how it's been around for a hundred million years! It was so cool! I've wanted to see one ever since!"

"Oh, well thank you!" the man, Professor Alden, said, chuckling as Clyde seemed to grow more and more excited, turning to Rotom and asking him to get this Pokemon, Relicanth's data. Rotom surprisingly stayed patient, though, appearing interested in this professor. "It's always nice to meet someone who has read my work, especially when it's been published so recently. Are you two just arriving in Oldale Town? I saw you standing here while I was finishing up some of my notes."