Chapter 7 ~ Aizawa is a Troll

"What? A quirk assessment test?" most of my classmates and I asked in unison.

We were outside on a dirt field, all suited up in some sort of exercise uniforms. It was the first day of school in U.A. and our strange teacher, Mr. Aizawa, had us come out there first thing. Once we arrived, he announced we were to take a quirk assessment test, which seemed odd, since it seemed like the other homerooms were following regular procedures.

"But orientation, we're gonna miss it!" Ochaco said to Aizawa's back, putting two fists close to her chest.

"If you really wanna make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies. Here at U.A., we're not tethered to traditions." Aizawa turned only his head around to face the class and said, "That means I get to run my class however I see fit."

I heard some people let out fearful sighs while others took small steps back. Everyone's eyes were locked onto our new teacher.

'He definitely knows how to control a class,' I thought.

Aizawa turned a little bit more to face perpendicular to the class. "You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives," he said, "but you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before."

Aizawa pulled out a phone and tapped a few times.

'Maybe to time us?' I wondered, trying to get a better view.

He looked up and said, "The country's still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. One day, the ministry of education will learn."

Aizawa stepped forward, turning to face me. "(L/n), you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam." I felt everyone's eyes shift over to me. "What was your farthest distance throw with a softball when you were in junior high?"

I swallowed my nervousness and responded, "Around 60 meters."

"Right," Aizawa Said, "try doing it with your quirk." I stepped up to the circle in front of the entire class, holding a softball Aizawa gave to me.

"Anything goes, just stay in the circle," he said. I stood there for a second, looking at him and waiting in case he had more to tell me. "Go on, you're wasting our time." I nodded and quickly stretched my arms a bit to loosen the muscles.

'I'll just grow as tall as I can and throw the ball. That way I can get the most distance, even if not the most power.'

"Alright," I whispered under my breath, trying to shake off my nerves. I wasn't used to being tested in front of a crowd like this, but, considering the career I want to pursue, I'll have to get used to it.

I took in a deep breath of cool air, calming myself down a little before growing. I closed my eyes and focused, trying to get as much height as I could. It only took a few seconds before I was about as tall as the nearest skyscraper.

Since my feet were massive, I had to stay on one foot. I didn't feel my weight as much anymore, it barely affected me, though.

I got into position and threw the ball with all my might, being careful not to touch anything outside of the circle below me.

I watched as the ball floated through the air, almost like it was in slow motion. I heard faint noises from below me, but I couldn't make out anything they were saying. I began to slowly shrink down, watching the ball still flying.

'Perfect, it looks like it flew about as well as it'll get,' I giggled, using my hand to block the sun so I could watch it continue its flight.

After several more seconds of shrinking, I was my normal size. I looked around at my classmates and most were wide-eyed. I felt like the sun was closer to the Earth than usual, grilling me for this one particular moment.