II

The next day

It was a slow day in the 99th precinct. Boyle and Peralta were on some mission somewhere, Skully and Hitchcock were asleep and Santiago was following her favorite activity. Paperwork.
As Rosa was signing a document for her task force Holt called her into his office. She knew exactly what was coming.
As she stood in front of his desk he said the words she's been dreading the whole day.
"We're going to drive out to my niece for you two to meet in one hour. Be ready to leave by then."
The detective groaned and rolled her eyes.
"Why me tho. Why not Peralta or Santiago. They always wanted to get to know more about your family."
Holt throws her a look at that.
"Oh. I see." Rosa says in Realisation.
"You already know my nephew. I want to keep the damage to a minimum." He explains.
Before Rosa can say anything else he dismisses her and goes back to reading whatever document he was currently working on. Groaning again, she catches herself doing that a lot lately, she leaves the office to finish her stuff and grab all her things.

One hour later and Rosa finds herself riding her motorcycle behind Holts car. Pulling up into the driveway of a modern two story hours with giant windows, she pulls up her eyebrows.
Holt exits his car and is just about to say something to the detective as the door opens with a a bang and suddenly a young woman is latched onto the surprised captain.
"UNCLE! Long time no see." The shorthaired girl shouts in his ear as he flinches.
"We just saw each other yesterday Lyn." He replies.
"HA! You're funny" she says and punches his shoulder.
As Holt rubs the spot in pain he motions to Rosa to introduce her.
The first time rosa sees the woman for real there are a lot of things running trough her mind. First of all she is confused. The pale skin does in now way show her relation to Holt and his family. The dark hair and nearly black eyes seem to freez rosa in her spot. Like she's hypnotized or drawn into some black holes. Rosa shakes herself out of it to analyze the rest of her appearance. And now she is super confused.
Tattoos cover her arms, neck and legs. She's wearing a short super expensive looking black dress but no shoes.
Rosa shudders. Even in her leather jacket she's feeling the chilly Brooklyn air.
Deciding that there's no turning back now the detective takes of her helmet and shakes out her wild dark locks.
"And you brought me a gift. A hot gift." The strange girl utters.
Rosa growls and Lyn chuckles. "I'm just poking fun at you Rosa. My uncle has already told me not to get on your nerves too much so you don't have to worry. You won't even know I'm there." She says with a wild and crazy look in her eyes.
"Anyway. I'm Lyn and you two look like you're ready to be put on a stick and eaten as a popsicle. So come in. I have food and booz."
She turns around and skips towards the house.
"We're working Lyn." The captain reminds her.
"Oh you're no fun Raymond."
He huffs and walks besides Rosa towards the door, the young woman just vanished behind.
"She doesn't seem too bad." The detective admits.
"Oh no. She's a crazy bitch."