♥ {2} ♥ He's a Father, a Werewolf, and Poor. She's None of the Above.

Chapter 2

Kairi's POV

"Son? How...?" I muttered, looking at the boy curled up in the corner of the limo, with another little boy in his lap. There was no way that could be his son. The older guy looked to be no older than eighteen, and that boy was probably five. It was just strange, because though young people did have sex a lot now a day, they never got pregnant before.

The boy looked up when I spoke, and stared at me with the clearest, lightest blue eyes I've ever seen. They were gorgeous, and they took my breath away. But what canceled it out, was that a once handsome face was now gaunt and skeletal like. Like he'd barely eaten in his entire life. Archer had muscle, and they didn't seem to show signs of dwindling, but his was skinny. And so was the little boy, Hunter.

"Archer, this is my daughter Kairi, or Kai, and her friends Emma and Claire. Girls, that's Archer and Hunter. Say hello," mom chided, nudging me slightly. She glanced worriedly at Archer, who was slowly looking each of us over. Not in the way that was creepy, but the way that showed he was totally uninterested and just curious. He was probably more worried about his son than some girls.

"Hello," Archer said softly. His voice was as heavenly as his eyes, so sweet and smooth. You'd think it would be rough, since he looked like he was very, very poor. But it was nice and smooth. Emma and Claire sighed dreamily, batting their eyes at him, not seeming to care he was as skinny as a skeleton. Archer just turned to look at Hunter, sleeping peacefully in his lap, with a look full of adoration and worry. I envied him for doing all of this just for his baby boy.

"Hi," Claire chirped, being the boldest of the three of us. Archer's eye twitched and he looked up. He narrowed his eyes at Claire and leaned forward slightly, still holding Hunter tightly to his chest. Archer gasped and lurched away, as did Claire.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked frantically, looking over at Claire. Emma was looking at her like she was crazy, and my mother was scooting over to Archer worriedly.

"Archer, you were supposed to LEAVE!" Claire shouted at him, throwing her hands in the air. For some reason, what she was saying angered Archer greatly.

"I know this, Claire!" he shouted back at her, covering Hunter's ears. "Do you think I didn't try? I wanted to leave, Claire, but there was nothing I could do! I had no money, I had nothing to live on! The apartment I have now is all I have. I do everything I can to support Hunter, but I can't do that when I have no money!"

Claire huffed and sat back, crossing her arms over her chest and tapping her fingers on her arms. "You could have come find me or Crispen, you know? We would have helped you."

"I couldn't find you," he bit back harshly. "I could only go so far from my apartment without it getting repossessed."

I looked over at my mother stunned, but she looked just as wide eyed as I probably was. I looked over at Archer again and shook my head. "What in the world is going on?" I asked, a little annoyed. Archer's head snapped up to stare at me and his blue eyes flashed gold for a second. I shrunk into my seat, even more shocked and confused.

"Don't-"

"Auntie?"

My head snapped around to stare at Hunter, who had spoken. His voice was just like Archer's, only a lot less... it was a lot cuter and smaller. Like Archer's, but a baby's voice. He was rubbing one of his eyes and sitting upright in Archer's lap, staring at Claire through the eye he wasn't rubbing. Archer immediately leg his feet drop to the floor of the limo and he sat Hunter on his knee. Hunter was so adorable, I just wanted to pinch his cheeks!

Claire's face twisted into a sad smile, then she pursed her lips, taking notice of the golden eyed glare Archer was giving her. His eyes were blue though, right? Yeah, they were, so how were they gold? Maybe they changed color or something? That was highly unlikely but it was all I could come up with.

Finally, ignoring Archer's glare, Claire nodded and smiled a real smile at Hunter. "Yeah, it's me, Hunt."

I expected Hunter to grin and jump into Claire's lap but instead he gave the same intense glare Archer was giving and turned his head to bury it in Archer's stomach. Archer smirked and stroked Hunter's hair, kissing the top of his head. He really seemed like he could have been a good father if he hadn't been poor and had nothing to his name.

I glanced at Claire to see she was on the verge of tears. Hell, I would be too if my nephew practically said 'F you' without even saying it. I had a feeling this was her only nephew too, since she was so young. Claire did talk about her sister sometimes, occasionally... rarely. She did say though, that she 'fell in love' with some guy, got pregnant with his baby, and then died giving birth. I guess this was the guy.

I looked out the window, and started to wonder why this guy was in the limo in the first place. Was it fate that my mother just happened to find the father to my friend's sister? Or maybe there was another reason behind it. Maybe my mother knew about all of this and sought out to find Archer and Hunter to help Claire and figure out what really happened to her sister. I'm sure Archer knew, but it was pretty obvious he wouldn't want to tell anyone. He didn't seem to like Archer's mother's family much.