Names

Let's talk names!

I was making a list of names for my own writings and I shared it with a few friends and we talked about names, character's names. Names are important, they're how we identify people, they're ways to show a character's love for each other (nicknames!) and also to show a character's essence, they're important so here are a few points;

1. Names have meanings, so if you don't know what your character will be named but have an idea of what he or she will do or be like, search for a name that goes with it. If you want a bad ass name for a warrior, go search "warrior names" and you might find one! And if you do know the name, maybe try to find what the name means maybe it will help you build up your character!

2. Nicknames are important; to make your dialogue more realistic, you won't be using a character's full name. So, find him or her a nickname and you can even find a nickname depending on who is saying the nickname, maybe someone can mock the person with another name or something! Some names are beautiful but the nicknames are awful, be careful!

3. This is the most important part: you can always change the names. Don't hate yourself because you can't find the right name, just keep going and you'll find the right name and you might not find the name right away or even when you're searching for a name and it's okay!

4. Search for names on baby names websites, that's how I find most of my names! try to be creative but not too much that the names just seem and sound weird to your readers!

I invite you to make lists of names you like and might want to use in your writings so you have names at your fingertips when you need them!