Chapter 1

Our friendship started my first year of college.

The day I moved into the freshmen dormitories I remember standing in line with my mother. We were standing in line waiting to get the keys to the dorm rooms. It was crowded and the September air was hot and standing next to a brick building didn't help the situation. She was getting impatient, like always, and kept asking me what was taking so long. "Mom, I know about as much as you do." I snapped, "What do you want me to do about it?"

The look she gave me told me that she did not appreciate my attitude and that I had been a little too harsh towards her.  

"I'm sorry, mom, I'm just nervous, that's all." All of the hustle and bustle, noise, and people around me were making me anxious and touchy. I will be in a better mood when I am in my dorm with all of my comfort objects around me.

The line slowly moved slowly but soon enough we made it to the front desk. I could almost see the people behind the glass who were helping people find room numbers and floors and such.

My energy was slowly draining, but for some reason, my mother's energy just kept rising and rising. It was like my energy was being funneled into my mother (fantastic). She was saying something about being so excited about my moving in and all of the fun experiences she had and how great it was for her to live in the dorms and go to school pretty soon I just stopped listening and drifted back into my own thoughts, nodding occasionally.

Inching forward still.

We made it up the desk and spoke to the lovely woman behind the glass. She was nice enough, she introduced herself as Georgi, a Resident Assistant on the third floor of Curren. she pointed us in the direction of my dorm and said that my dorm was on the fourth floor.

My mom turned to me, "I'm going to run to the car and get your dad." I nodded.

I was relieved that my mom was going to be away from me for a little bit. My mother has this habit of making my stress levels fly through the roof. So for her to be away from me for a little bit was great.

I followed Georgi's direction and made my way up the four flights of stairs, hopefully on my way to my dorm room. when I reached the top of the stairs, I looked around and looked at the numbers on the doors, "406, 407, 408...oh god, I hope I'm going the right way." I muttered to myself as I wandered through the hallway hopefully going in the right direction.

People were everywhere. In and outside of their dorms, bringing stuff up the stairs, putting together beds, chatting with people. All kinds of noises and people having a jolly ol' time.  

before I rounded the corner, I could hear a woman's voice,  she was laughing with someone about something. She sounded young and full of energy and when I turned the corner and put a face to the laugh, I was shocked at the woman I saw.

Standing in front of me was this alluring young woman. She was still laughing at something with the person that she was talking to. She had blonde, long hair that flowed down her back like a waterfall. She was leaning against the wall with her fingers through her belt loops. She was wearing a black flowery sweater that hugged her curves and flaunt a small enough amount of her breasts to keep people interested. Then with blue faded skinny jeans and short boots to throw it all together. She had a small stature and stood at probably 5 inches shorter than me, but she was ravishing.

She was stunning. Almost in a cliche kind of way she flipped her hair off out of her face and looked at me and smiled. She had the cutest dimples and a vast smile that brightened up her face. She had light makeup, it looked like only mascara, a little bit of blush, and a bright red lipstick to throw it all together. She was captivating. I was still ogling her when I realized she was talking to me.

I snapped out of my "your so fricken cute" trance and snorted aloud and in a very unladylike way, "Huh?"

She laughed, and repeated herself, "where is your room,  cutie?" she showed me somebody else's papers for their room. Then I remembered, I got those papers too when I signed in downstairs. 

I searched through the things I was carrying and fumbled around my purse and my bag until finally, after making a fool out of myself, of course, I gave the papers to the lovely creature standing in front of me. 

"Room 434. Oh! you're right by me!" she smiled at me and grabbed a bag out of my hand along with my room papers, "here, let me show you, Frances."

"Frannie, please, only my mother calls me Frances." I rolled my eyes at my given name and sighed dramatically. She laughed as we made our way through the halls of the dormitories. We rounded two more corners and she pointed out her room which was, like she said, right by mine.

She set down the bag of mine that she had carried as I did the same.  She handed me my key and said, "well, open up your new place, Frannie."

I grabbed the key from her hand and shoved it into the keyhole and opened up my room. I turned the key and the door swung open revealing a small room with one window and one lofted bed,  and two desks, and two dressers. I walked into the room and did a small circle to take in all of the things that were already in the room. the woman followed me into the room and gave me a small smile and held out her hand.

"My name is Jordan, and I think we are going to be great friends." She said with a smile.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I actually did this. Well, here is chapter one of my story I guess. I'm not going to give my real name, so just call me by my username ( Redmanedlesbian ). if this story gets some good feedback, I will probably keep writing but I need motivation from readers to do that!!! Just an FYI, I don't own any of the pictures I might use (literally just pulling them from Tumblr and google) so creds to the person who actually created them.

PS. My grammar sucks so I am very open to any help if you see a mistake :)