Chapter 2

"Oh, ah, Frannie." I awkwardly said.

Jordan looks at me and tilts her head and giggles, "yes, yes, I know you told me."

Wow, she probably thinks I am an idiot now.

"Uh, yeah. I knew that." I sheepishly look down and rub the back of my neck. My mother takes the wonderful opportunity to burst through the door in a huff with my father in tow.

"Oh, hello. Who are you? Is my daughter being annoying again?" my mother said, she glanced over Jordan, eyeing her up and down. from years of watching my mother do this to every person I was friends with, I knew what she was doing. This first impression would decide if my mother hated Jordan or loved her.

"Well," Jordan said turning towards me, "Walk me to my room?"

I smiled, "yeah, sure." I turned towards my mother and said, "I'll be right back mom." but my mother was already focused on unpacking the few boxes that were in my room to even acknowledge what I had said.

Jordan and I exited my room. Closing the door behind me, I turned around to face Jordan, "Well...she's intense." she said, referring to my mother.

I sheepishly looked down and rubbed the back of my neck. "Yeah, she can be a handful." 

"Frannie," Jordan looked at me and quietly said, "you should call me. I would really like to become better friends." Smiling, she lightly touched my shoulder and slid her palm down my arm and then grabbing my hand. "Well, see you soon," she said, turning to enter her dorm room and shoving the key into the keyhole.

"Hey, Jordan?" I meekly said, "can I call you?"

Jordan smiled with her big dimples and bright eyes, "I would really like that, Frannie." Jordan grabbed the phone out of my coat pocket and turned into her room. When she returned to the semi-open door she handed me back my phone, on the front of it was a sticky note with numbers scribbled on it.

"Please, Frannie, I would love it if you would call me." She smiled and closed her door and that was the end of my time with the beautiful specimen named Jordan.

I smiled to myself and shoved my hands into my pockets and trudged back to my room where my parents were unpacking boxes.

My mother looked up when I walked into my dorm. "Took you long enough. your father and I are going to go home now. Don't forget to get the last few boxes from your car."

"Yes, I remember. Goodbye, mom."

"Goodbye, Chesca." I smiled at he childhood nickname as my mother kissed me on the top of my head and waved goodbye and strutted out of my room, my dad stayed behind for a few extra seconds and gave me a big hug and whispered, "stay out of trouble sport."

And then I was alone. Finally, after the chaos of the day, I was alone at last.

"