prologue

Cross your fingers, here we go

"5... 6... 7... 8..."

The song continued to play as both moved back, following the beat of the song. Right foot, left foot, right then left, lean right, lean left. All these actions were in sync with the song. The cameras were mainly focused on Hoseok, but Ryujin did her best as well, matching the male's steps.

Their arms forming circles, their expressions showing so much emotions, their movements were big and they used as much space as possible. Despite not having those intense interactions unlike other dancers, the two were able to show feeling through their dance.

Moving from one side of the room to the other, meeting in the middle. The choreography was amazing, nobody thought a 16 year old will match the moves of a well known idol.

Their bodies would twist and turn, arms would move up from the right then to left. Everything was innocent yet passionate. Then it came to the part wherein Rhujin had to turn Hoseok's head towards hers without actually touching his chin. Their gazes locked on each other as Hoseok grinned at her, as if she was the only person in the room. His gaze was on her alone until they finished and he held her hand.

"Alright~ Thank you~ You two did a great job!" The director shouted as Ryujin walked around, trying to calm her beating heart. She wasn't sure if the reason behind it was the dance or how sweet Hoseok looked when he danced with her. It almost made her feel special. "Ryujin not now, you're at work..." She mumbled to herself as she hit her head. Little did she know, her reaction made someone else's heart thump hard and fast in their chest.

"Next up Jimin! Ryujin please go to position!" The director shouted just as the two went to their places.

The music started from where Hoseok's part started as well.

Jimin popped his chest inwards, then twisted his legs from right to left, bringing his arm to the right then over to his face before reaching the count Hoseok did earlier.

Both Ryujin and Jimin were in sync with the song, despite Jimin having a different style from Hoseok's dance earlier. All three held passion and showed emotion through dance.

Moving from one side of the room to the other then dancing their way to the middle, dancing side by side.

Jimin's movements were sharper compared to Hoseok, it made him feel so much like his character, it made him feel like the bad guy. Especially when Ryujin almost ran into his back, a smirk played on his lips.

"Cut! Good I like it!" Said the director before the trio moved on to the next scene. Hoseok and Ryujin danced once again, but this time he had to pretend to hit her by accident, making her fall to the ground. They had to redo it a couple times because they needed different angles. Like professionals, they were able to execute it well.

Even Jimin's solo was filmed on that day as well. He had to pretend to fall and hit his arm somewhere. The next part of the scene was filmed way back. So this was their last filming day.

"Good good!" The director shouted, cutting the scene, showing Jimin on the floor in pain. He quickly stood up and walked to where the two was before all three bowed to the staff, camera men and the director. "That's a wrap~" The director yelled.

"Thank you for your hard work sunbaes~" Ryujin said, bowing to Jimin and Hoseok after she thanked the staff. "Aigoo, you don't have to be so formal with us. We're already friends." Hoseok said, with Jimin nodding in agreement.

"You two are my sunbaes though, I still got a looooong way to go."

"That dance didn't look as if you do though. You're in par with us." Jimin uttered, a smile on his face as he gave Ryujin a pat on the head. The said girl let out a small pout unconsciously. "That's just cause I had a lot of practice." She muttered softly. "You don't have to be humble, aigoo~ Our rhujinie is adorable~" Hoseok said, pinching the younger girl's cheek like a grandfather would to his granddaughter. "Hyung let the poor girl go." Jimin scolded, watching Ryujin wince slightly and huff her cheeks in hope that Hosoek would let them go. Hoseok chuckled and pulled away, ruffling her hair as he grinned at her.

"Hoseok! Jimin! We have to go." Their manager shouted, calling the attention of the two. "Awwww we wanted to be able to talk to you more..." Hoseok pouted, patting Ryujin's head as if she were a child making the female smile. "We'll meet again sunbae, it's not like this will be the last. Let's hope for a part 2 of highlight reel." She said cheekily making the two chuckle. "I hope there is though, and this time I wish I have more screen time with you." Jimin said, ruffling the young girl's hair.

"See you around sunbaes, i'll definitely debut and stand on the same stage as you two."

With that, they went their separate ways. Hoseok and Jimin, on their way to their next schedule while Ryujin went back to the JYP building for more practices.

____________________

A few months after the filming of highlight reel, Ryujin was able to be part of the group 2team for the JYP showcase and Stray Kids' survival show. In which she was able to show her skills but it looked as if it wasn't enough.

"JYP~" YG said, greeting the said male as they entered the building. The trainees that were already chosen were in shock and in awe when they saw the JYP building.

Once YG and Seungri were seated in front of the JYP practice room, two trainees entered the room. But one of them stood out right away for she was known to be the leading lady caught in a love triangle between Hoseok and Jimin.

Shin Ryujin.