Chapter 22 - The Wrath

Kat had just left and Negan was still crying.
It's all my fault, only mine.
But soon the sense of guilt and sadness turned into fury and anger. Negan jumped up, looked at Lucille and thought: Lucille, the only one who I have always been faithful to.
He grabbed her and began to beat and slam her against everything in the room: the pillows, the bed, the furniture, the lamps, the table, the vases... He didn't even spare the floor.

When there was nothing left to break, he looked at his blood-stained hands and let Lucille fall to the ground. He fell to his knees, looking at his hands and arms full of cuts. Suddenly the door opened behind him, but Negan didn't turn around. He didn't want to see anyone and above all, he didn't want to talk to anyone.

Dwight and Simon had opened the door, thinking that Negan had been attacked, but what they found was a worse scenario. The room was devastated, and there were pieces of padding on the pillows, the sofa, and the bed, everywhere... Even on Negan. They saw blood on Lucille, but on the wrong side. The bat was not dirty with the blood of one of Negan's victim, this time it was dirty with his own blood. He was the victim of himself.

The two didn't know what to do and looked at each other, hoping that one of them would spoke first.

<B... B... Boss?> Said one of the two.
Negan remained silent, turned away. He stood up slowly, grabbed Lucille firmly, then stood still.

<It's... all right?> Simon asked.

Negan turned abruptly, brandishing Lucille with all the strength he had in his body and hit the door with the intent to close it but ended up splitting most of it, a bit for the hit inflicted, a bit for the consequent concussion.

Dwight had grabbed Simon just in time to make him avoid the shot and then they ran away.
They had often seen Negan angry, but never like that.

Negan had put Lucille in a corner and laid down in what was left of the bed, falling asleep shortly after, exhausted by all that fury.