Chapter 1: First Day

*6:00 am alarm goes off*

*6:10 am alarm goes off*

*6:30 am alarm goes off*

*6:40 am alarm goes off*

Once I was finally able to get myself up and out of my bed, I got my coffee and checked my phone. 

3 missed calls and 3 voicemails? All from Mom of course.

On my way to work I grabbed some breakfast and called mom back, just to let her know not to be worried. Then it hit me. Something hit me, well someone.

"I am so sorry...Mia?" he said

"It's alright, do I know you?" I responded back giving him a questioning look.

"James...from chemistry? with Dr. Kent?" he said as he was helping me up.

"I don't really remember much of college." I said as I picked up my things.

"It's okay, I don't really remember much either." we laughed and said our goodbyes and continued separate ways.

I finally arrived and hoped on the elevator. "fifth floor please." I told the man on the elevator. The elevator stopped on the third floor and the doors opened.

"fifth floor?" He asked the man as the doors closed. 

"Yes." The man said as I looked up from my phone to see him. "Hello Mia." He said to me not even glancing up from his phone.

"Aaron." I responded back. "Since when do you work here?" I asked him with a smug look on my face and arms crossed.

"I don't just work here, the fifth floor is the floor my company is on." He said still staring at his phone. The elevator doors opened and he walked out. 

I can't believe my new boss is the person who ruined my life. 

I went on with my day being his new intern. "Mia, Mr. Klein wants to talk to you in his office." His assistant said to me.

I sighed "fine." And walked my way to his office. 

"You wanted to talk?" I sassed

"I don't need the attitude Mia, I just want to talk." He responded and I sat down to listen to what he had to say. "I don't want our history getting in the way of business. I just want it to be like as if nothing ever happened between you and I, when we walk in those doors." he said 

"Trust me I've wanted nothing more than to forget how you hurt me." I said as I got up and walked out.

"Mia." he called out to me as I began crying and grabbed my stuff to leave.