Chapter 3

I walk up to the diner that Ally decided for us to have our annual breakfast. It's a nice sunny day here in Los Angeles, with not a cloud in the sky. My favorite kind of weather. I approach the door carefully this time to make sure I don't run into any other people coming out like I did yesterday to Lauren.

I get to the table and realize that Ally isn't here yet, just Dinah and Normani. Ha I wasn't the last one for a change.

"Ally texted me and said she is running late because she went to go pick up her old friend from college. She said that she was new to LA, and that she was going to show her around. But I'm gonna go ahead and order some food cuz I'm starving!" Normani told me and Dinah as she was reading the menu.

"Oh, ok." I answer and decide to order my food too.

"So Mila, Dinah was telling me about some really sexy girl you ran into yesterday!" Normani said wiggling her eyebrows at me. "So what's the scoop on that?"

I look up from my menu and glar at Dinah. She just puts her hands up in defence. "It was just a random girl. Luckily it wasn't some crazed fan though. Nothing special." I answer causally.

We order our food then Normani continues to harras me about Lauren. "Dinah makes it out as though you got shot by cupids arrow. And hard."

"Look guys, I mean what I say. I don't like her, or anyone else. I really don't know how many times I have to tell you guys." I say, and they can tell that I'm clearly angry.

"Your loss, dog." Dinah says, which makes me crack a small smile.

Our food finally arrives and we dig in.

"Sorry I'm so late guys. The traffic was terrible. But besides that, I want yall to meet my old friend." Ally says as she sits beside me, and I look up at her friend. Oh my god. I can't fucking believe my eyes. I drop my fork out of my hand in total shock. It's Lauren.

"Hi. I'm Lauren." She says and looks to Dinah, Normani, then me. Our eyes connect, then she smiles at me. She sits directly in front of me, right beside Normani.

I look over to Dinah and she looks back with a huge smirk on her face.

"Nice to meet you, Lauren!" Dinah says, and extends her hand out to Lauren to shake.

"H-Hiii." I say awkwardly, trying to get my heart rate back to normal. She winks at me in return.

"So, Lauren is new to LA, and she is trying to make it here as a singer, like you Mila, except she has her own band. It's called 'Sweet Deposition'." Ally says taking a sip of her coffee.

Not only is she hot, but she also has her own band. Impressive.

"So have you gotten signed to any record labels yet?" Dinah asked.

Lauren looked to Dinah and amswered, "Nope. Hince the reason why I decided to come to LA. Almost everyone makes it here." Laurens eyes returned to mine and she looked at me. God, her eyes can literally see through me.

Through the the majority of the time at the diner, Lauren and I would steal glances at each other. Every now and then she would smile or bit her lip. God she's so hot.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to go to the restroom real quick." I say quickly leaving the table. I walk into the restroom and look myself in the mirror. "Knock it off, Cabello. You haven't had a very successful past with any sort of realationship. You're just a heartbreaker, not a girl who wants more than a fling." I tell myself sternly. The door opens and Lauren emerges from the doorway.

"Why did you leave? Did I scare you off of something?" Lauren giggles.

"No, ofcource not. I just needed to freshen up." I lie.

"Ok, whatever you say." She winks then walks out the door.

Thanks for reading guys!! Hope yall are liking it so far!!