abuse

Jade's POV

It's been about two weeks since our neighbors moved in, and so far I've been pretty good at avoiding them.

Aoife has been loving school, which I'm really happy about. I just wish that Jake didn't have to come home today.

It's been such a nice two months without him.

But now it's going to go back to the abuse, the screams, the terror.

I made sure that the walls in the basement were soundproof, so that Aoife won't hear me screaming.

My hands are shaking as I wait at the airport.

Aoife knows that Jake is not her real dad. She barely ever talks to him. She told me she's scared of him. So am I. It's all the stupid record companies fault.

There he is.

He glares at me as he walks over to me, and I immediately pick up Aoife. She cuddles into me.

'Let's go.' He says, grabbing me by the arm roughly.

I drive us back home, and he gets out of the car without a word.

As soon as we walk into the house, I send Aoife up to her room.

'But I don't wanna go!' She says,

'I will play princesses with you later. Now go to your room and don't come out until I get you.' I say, and she obeys.

As soon as her door closes, I am pushed against the wall roughly. He punches me in the stomach, and I whimper in pain.

'Did you miss me babe?' He says,

When I don't reply, he wraps his fingers around my throat, and pushes me against the wall, choking me.

I nod.

'Good. We have a lot to catch up on.' He says, pulling me by the hand into the basement.

I think it's safe to say that I'm terrified.