The Plan

"We need the name of that artisan." William said before he noticed the slim figure slumped in his office doorway.

"Alexander Scott." She said in a hoars tone as William rushed to her side.

"The artisan Daniel worked with during that time was Cesare Costa. He was a nice old man. But his apprentice Alexander Scott took his place after he retired not too long after Daniel passed away. But I had never met Mr. Scott personally I had seen him here and there." Dahlia said falling into his arms still really weak.

"Dahlia you really must rest." William said looking down at her.

"How do you expect me to rest when my baby is missing!" She wheeped.

"Okay then Miss. Then maybe you can assist us. Help us find him." Thomas said in a stern voice.

"How?!" Dahlia weakly fought against Williams grip which was the only thing holding her up.

The fight she weakly put up flipped a switch in William. He became self aware of the degree of his own heart break compared to this young woman's degree of heart break. Yet despite all of the pain fear and anxiety she managed to stay strong. It's only now that she on the brink of losing everything that she is showing her fears and anxieties but she's still fighting through it.

After just a few seconds of gazing down at her the phone rang pulling everyone out of their thoughts. Thomas answered it and after a few seconds his tone improved.

"Uh huh thanks!" He said in a slightly happier voice. "Mrs. Blaque that was constable Crabtree. Lilia was dropped off at the hospital with a note for any of the nurses stating that her mother was giving her up and for them to take care of her. The girl was then brought to constable Crabtree as it seemed odd for a child so properly taken care of to be given up. So she has been checked and she is safe."

"Take me there. Take me there now!" She shook William's arms.

William was suddenly struck by an idea. "First we must apprehend this man. Dahlia I have an idea but I'll need your help." He looked her in the eyes with a sincere stare.

"Anything for the safety of my babies." She said suddenly standing up on her own.

The idea was to somehow lure the man who did all of this into the house by playing into his delusions. They escorted Dahlia home but one there they followed her as undetectable as possible. Dahlia using her own ideas to assist changed into a black night dress that had been form fitted. And she laid in her bed while the detectives waited in the next room. Once everyone was in place the carriage would leave again just to make it seem as if the two men had left. It would then return again with another constable to assist if need be.

Dahlia had been laying in her bed for about 45 minutes and was starting to doze off when she felt a heavy weight on top of her. Her eyes flew open to see a pair of intense green eyes looking back at her. She remembered those eyes. She flew into a frenzy and started screaming. Her screeches alerted William and Thomas and within seconds they bursted in.

Upon seeing the sight of the two of them Alexander Scott attempted to climb off of her but before he could Thomas had tackled him to the ground and was putting him in restraints while William ran to Dahlia who was curled up shaking. After just a moment of fighting Thomas was escorting the man out of the room.

"Murdoch stay with her for the night. This maniac can spend the night in our cells." Thomas barked pushing the man out of the room.

Dahlia threw her arms around his waist and just cried her whole body shook with every violent outburst of tears. He held her close to him and felt her shaking. He rested one hand on the back of her head, which made her freeze for just a moment. His hands were warm and slightly calloused yet gentle just like Daniel's. In an instant she felt at peace for the first time in years. She laid her heavy head in his lap.

"Thank you so much William." She let out in a soft voice before falling asleep right in his lap.

A few hours later she rolled over to see the noon sun gleeming through the windows. As she scanned the room she saw nothing she told herself William must have gone home to rest. As she dressed herself in a lavender walking suit and tied her long hair back in a braid all she could think about was those warm hands that put her at peace. She was sitting at the small glass table in her room towing the ribbon around the bottom of her braid when she heard the door open.

She spun around in a fright but felt her heart sink with relief when she saw William making his way in with a silver tray.

"Oh you're awake. After everything that happened last night I thought maybe you would like something to eat." He stated setting the tray down on the large table near the door.

"Well thank you William." She said in an appreciative tone. "I will eat if you eat with me." She smiled walking to the table.

With a chuckle he agreed and he sat down across from her. The meal didn't last long though as Dahlia was still anxious to pick up Lilia and check on Molly. She begged William to escort her there seeing as she was still shaken from the night before.

"I am sorry but I must return to the station house." He informed her in a rather sad tone as he helped her into her carriage cart.

"No need for apologies William. I understand completely." She hugged him for a brief moment. She felt her heart racing as she closed the carriage door.

William crawled into his own carriage cart which headed towards the station house. The whole way there his mind raced with a million thoughts at once all of them fading as soon as they pass but the one thought he could not seem to lose was the thought that he hopes he sees her again.