Ch. 5 - Parallel Universe

Nagisa's P.O.V.

"Let's keep these secrets between us ok...?"

She nodded slightly, still blushing at the fact that we are holding hands.

Not saying I am not blushing, but I am enjoying this a little bit... Her hand was warm, it makes me feel like I can lower my guard around her... But heads would roll if they see us like this...

"Let's stop holding hands... Karma and Koro-Sensei will tease us," I said, not turning back and relax my hand.

"O-Okay..." Kayano let's go of my hand, sounded almost a little bit disappointed.

We walked down the mountain, towards the voice of Koro-Sensei. Until we finally saw the campus, looks like they saw us two together walking out of the forest.

"Huh... Nagisa-kun what are you doing with Kayano-San in the mountains?" Karma said teasingly.

"Nothing we swear!" I shouted, punching Karma on the shoulder.

"That hurt you know..." He grumbled with pain.

"That's what you get for teasing me,"

Kayano was silent the entire time, trying to not draw attention to herself, probably embarrassed about what happened earlier. And of course, I drew the attention to myself so that she would be noticed less.

"Alright, children P.E. is over, time to get back to studying, Exams are just right around the corner," Koro-Sensei said.

"Yes..." Our class groaned.

And we quietly went back to our classroom, to study.

*Time Skip*

"Finally... Exams are over..." I groaned I leave the bathroom door. After a long, good bath that I deserved. I leaned back on my couch.

I let out a long sigh, my soul leaving my body.

I closed my eyes, trying to rest from the intense studying the Exams brought...

Not even a minute later, my phone rung. I sighed again and picked up my phone.

"Nagisa, you there?" A familiar feminine voice can be heard.

"I'm here Kayano, why call?" I opened my eyes, slightly surprised.

"Yea sorry for calling you this late... My home just got flooded because the bath valve broke... I had already called an engineer to fix it... But now I have nowhere to go... Can... I come over for a week? Please..." Kayano sounded desperate.

My heart skipped a beat, she wants to come over for a week? A boy and a girl... Together under a roof, for a week... This will turn out to be a disaster will anyone finds out... I don't want to, but I can't just leave her out there...

"It's alright, you can come over," I replied to her proposal.

"Really! You're the best! Thank you so much! I am coming over now!" Kayano cheered.

"Wait! It's still rai- Beep Beep Beep..." Kayano hung up...

Well isn't this interesting...

And this is why I always tidied my house clean, not a scrap a dust on anything. I guess I will sleep on the couch and she will sleep on my bed...

After a while, my doorbell rang. It was Kayano, probably. I opened my door and saw her, half soaked in rain, and carrying a suitcase.

"Coming to my house with rain outside is not a good idea huh?" I said.

"Yea... Good point..." She panted and give me her suitcase.

"You should take a bath, or you will get sick. The last thing I want is to take care of a sick Kayano," I suggested and took out a towel from my closet.

She blushed, grabbed the towel and went into the bathroom. That's when I realized...

"Wait... Her... Oh God..." I looked at the suitcase, jolts of shock jumped from my legs to my head, getting a lot of goosebumps.

"Kayano! Your... Suitcase!" I shouted into the bathroom as I picked up her suitcase.

"Huh? What do you mean Na--" Kayano stopped midsentence, I think she figured out what I mean...

After like a minute, the door to the bathroom finally opened.

"Nagisa..." Kayano shyly mumbled, "please give me the suitcase..." She was only a towel.

I froze at the sight of her. But turned around and give the suitcase to her.

"T-Thanks..." The bathroom door shut again.

I am gonna get killed...

5 minutes later, Kayano came out of the Bathroom, she was wearing a white dress, probably her pajamas.

"Did you see... them...?" Kayano mumbled and blushed.

"See what...? OH, I didn't see anything! I swear!" I held my hands up.

"Don't lie..." She said kind of angry.

"I didn't I swear!" I half-shouted.

She narrowed her eyes at me, "only if you say so... Do you always let your hair down when you are at home?"

I let out a sigh of relief, "yea, same as you, right? I see your hair is down too, pretty rare to see it."

That's when I noticed her wet hair.

"Kayano, can you let me brush your hair, you brushed my hair before, I wanna brush yours too," I proposed.

Kayano hesitated for a moment but nodded eventually. And she sat down on the chair.

Looking over to the closet, I grabbed the brush on the counter and headed over to Kayano. That's when the doorbell rang.

"Who will it be? It's really late at night..." I mumbled. "I don't know, be careful Nagisa," Kayano said.

"I will,"

I walked over to the door and opened it. And then...

"Yo Nagisa-Kun, mind if we come in?"

~~~

894 words.