Disasterology (Muke Clemmings fanfic)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is exactly 1 year since i've been diagnosed and im still hanging on. My war with the disease is no where near to over but the one year mark means that I have made it this far and all I have to say is, cancer sucks.

Today is the start of another long month in the dreaded hospital, where everything smells so weirdly clean like it's been covered in bleach, which it probably has.

I located the familiar doorway of room 48B and enter. There's no one in the second bed which is normal because it usually ends up being filled with patients that are coming to get an appendix removed or hip replacement, something that is a quick.

I pull my duffel bag up onto my worn bed and begin to set up how i usually do. I cover the bed in my navy blue sheets,  put up a couple posters like ACDC and Green Day and I plug in all my chargers and set up my desk.

I inhale deeply and wait until Dr. Collins comes to speak to me about what the itinerary is for this month.

I decided to take a nap before he comes because I don't want to meet my fate of death until I have slept because damn id rather sleep than hear im gonna die for the 1 billionith time.

~~~~~

I was awoken by the sound of my door being opened. I groaned at the harsh light that I was met with when I opened my eyes. "Oh god i'm soooo sorry did I wake you I didn't mean to please go back to sleep i didn't know"

I slowly flipped over to be met with a kid with bright blue hair and a goofy smile.

"Hi my names Michael!" the boy said.

"Hi i"m Luke?" I stated questionably at the random boy that stood in my room

"Not trying to be rude but who are you?' I asked not sure what to say to him.

"Oh oops im your new roommate" he said.

"what do you have like appendicitice or somethin?" I asked a little too harshly but I was just curious for how long I would need to share the room for.

"Nah got cancer in my arm doc said they might need to cut it off but they're not sure yet still trying to find another way to fix it. Im gonna need chemo though. Have to loose my hair which scares me to death so im trying to dye it as many colors as i can before its all gone." He laughed.

Wow so thats a new one.

"so what up with you?" he questioned.

"Oh um kinda like you except they wanted my leg instead so..." I pulled back my pant leg for him to see it."I have this bad boy," I patted my prothstetic. " The hair loosing part of chemo does kinda suck but I mean you can wear many beanies and hats so" I smiled at him and pulled back my beanie to show him my bald scalp, "at least you never need a haircut" I try to say positive things so I wouldn't freak him out but it was hard.

Me and MIchael talked for a while until the doctor came and pulled me away to talk about cancer and other suff but all I could think about was michael