Summertime: Chapter 1

AN: I'd just like to say that as of right now, this story is on hold! I may or may not continue it... just thought I should let you know! Thank you. xx

Remember when we first met?” he asked me, handing me a cup of tea.

“I do.” I say smiling accepting the drink. Meeting him was the best thing that has ever happened to me and I don’t just say that because he is my boyfriend, I say that because I truly mean it and he was what was missing in my life.

“It was a beautiful summer day.” he says. I nod sipping on the tea with a smile on my face remembering that time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kambrie’s P.O.V-

I woke up to the sounds of my alarm clock go off. It was 10:30am and I wanted to get down to the beach for 11am. I like to spend most of my days there, at least when I can anyway. I love the beach. Its probably my favourite thing about living in Australia. Since I’m done school, I can go there whenever I want. I spend a lot of my time down there and my parent’s don’t mind at all. Well to be honest, they don’t really care. My actual parent’s are… actually, I don’t know where they are. I have never met them. They didn’t want me. My mom got pregnant with me at a young age, sixteen and my dad eighteen. Both quite young, they didn’t want me to cram their young life style apparently. As early as I can remember, I was with different people since I never had adopted parent’s and being a foster kid you don’t always stay in the same place. I have been with my current foster family for 5 years now. My foster parent’s are there for me but they never seem pleased with me, no matter what I do. I’m well behaved, I did alright in school (I graduated, done with high school!) but it just never seems good enough for them. My foster family is Filipino and I totally stand out with them with my Caucasian-ness but whatever. I have a sister the same age, her name is Stephanie. She has long brown hair and brown eyes. Her and I aren’t all that close but she is my parent’s favourite. She’s just better than me at everything. She was on the honour roll, valedictorian at our graduation, she was the perfect kid. Me though? The opposite- to my family anyway. I feel like they always put me down. I only really have one person that’s there for me and that’s my friend Karine. She has long brown hair too like Stephanie too but she has blue eyes. She moved here a year ago when she was done high school. Her mom lives in Holmes Chapel, in England. Her brother is Harry Styles, one of the boys in One Direction. I’ve met him a few times before him and the rest of the members in the groups before they got big but that’s it. I’m tired of living here. In this house, with my family anyway. I have no where to go though… that’s thing. No where to go and very little money.

I was now dressed in a pair of shorts and loose cut off top, I had my bathing suit underneath. I walked downstairs and my parent’s were sitting there drinking coffee and speaking in their own language. When they saw me they stopped talking and looked right at me.

“Yes?” I say.

“Where are you going?” my mom asks.

“To the beach.” I answer. She gives me a dirty look and doesn’t say anymore.

“Uh, kay.” I say under my breath and then leave.

The beach wasn’t too busy but it would probably pick up later. I flipped open my chair and set it down the gold looking sand and took a seat. I wasn’t sure if Karine was going to join me today or not but I guess time will tell. I didn’t eat this morning so I brought an apple and a pizza bun with me to eat. I sat and ate my apple while reading a book. The sun was beaming down on me, it felt nice.

“Oh my God!” I squealed.

“Ha, gosh, Kambrie. You’re so on edge!” it was Karine. She sneaked up on me. I hit her in the arm.

“So, whats up?” she asks.

“Nothing.” I say flatly. She knew my situation at home and she felt bad. She’s offered if I wanted to stay with her but I just couldn’t do that. It just wouldn’t be right because I don’t have a job and I wouldn’t want to live there for free. “How about you? Have you talked to Harry recently?” I asked.

“Mm, no. Not since Sunday.” she answered. It was Thursday now.

Karine and I can talk about everything. We’ve only known each other a year but we get along so well. I love her accent and she loves mine, it works but of course there is more to relationship than just our accents! Her and I were now just talking like always. One minute we were talking about normal stuff, like the weather and then the next minute we’re talking about why there’s no new Barney episodes. Kind of weird but that’s just us.

“Man, look at that guy!” I say. “So hot.” Karine wasn’t answering, usually she was pretty quick with that kind of stuff. “Karine?” I question, looking over at her.

“Oh, yeah? What?” she says.

“You just totally missed out on this hot guy… body of Taylor Lautner, looked like Zac Efron. What are you doing?” I say.

“Texting Harry.” she answers. Oh, that makes sense. Yeah, whenever they talk over text, its harder to get her attention. Understandable though, its her brother and they don’t see each other often.

“Oh my God!” She says freaking out with a big smile.

“What?!” I say hoping it was a good thing that she was freaking about.

“Harry is gonna be here Saturday!” she exclaims.

“For how long?” I asked.

“A few weeks!” she answers. “With the boys too!” she added.

“Wow, that’s great!” I said.

“I know! Ah, we’re gonna have to have a BBQ or something. You’re invited!” she says.