Summertime: Chapter 5

Kambrie’s P.O.V-

“That was a hilarious movie!” I exclaim walking out of the theatre. I guess we’d be heading to dinner now. Louis and I walked out last and everyone was ahead of us. I don’t believe any of them know about the kiss between Louis and I today… or the bracelet but I’m sure it won’t be long until they find out.

“I know! It was a good pick.” he says putting his arm around me.

“After you.” Louis gestures at the car door. I smile and hop in, he’s so nice. Now in the car it was Karine, Harry, Morgan, Louis and I. Karine was driving, then in the next section it was Harry and Morgan and Louis and I took the very back. It was a pretty quiet, chill ride to dinner- except for Louis and I’s outbursts of laughs. He’s funny, I like that.

At the restaurant we had a whole back room to ourselves. I guess this meal was on the boys. Marissa and Karine told me that, anyway. We were seated, I sat next to Marissa. Louis was across from me. In the midst of all the chatter Dionne asked “I love your bracelet! Where’d you get it?”.

Uh oh. “Erm, it was a bit of a surprise gift…” I say.

“From who?” she asked me wide eyed.

“Uh, Louis.” I answer.

“Oh, well that’s nice.” she says smiling but she seems kind of confused. Leaning back, stretching his arm out, Harry pats Louis on the arm, “So it seems like Boo Bear fancies Kambrie!” he says with a smirk. I kind of laugh at that. Louis blushes and smacks Harry. “Boo bear?” I question.

“Aha, yep.” he replies looking down.

“So, do you fancy Louis, Kambrie?” Niall asked, raising an eyebrow. Harry looked quite interested in this.

“Uh, yeah. I guess I do.” I say and then taking a sip of my drink and our food came.

“Really?” Louis mouthed.

“Yeah.” I mouth back.

In the middle of the meal I got a text from Stephanie.

“mom and dad want you home, NOW”

“why?”

I ask back.

“I don’t know! Just come home”

she replies. Ugh, this sucks.

“Aye, guys. I just got a text from my sister saying that my parents want me home now, so I’m gonna have to go.” I say getting up from my seat awkwardly.

“Do you need a ride?” Karine asks.

“Oh, no. Its fine. I’ll just cab.” I say.

“Okay. Bye, Kambrie.” she says.

“Bye everyone!” I say.

“Wait! I’ll come with you for a minute.” Louis says, up on his feet now.

“Why do you have to leave so soon?” he asks looking a little down.

“I honestly don’t know…” I say. “I wish I didn’t have to go though.” I add.

“Me too.” he agrees. I look out the door and I see my cab.

“Well, bye, Louis. I’ll talk to you later. Thanks for the bracelet and everything.” I say going in for a hug.

“No problem, babe.” he says holding me tightly and giving me a kiss on the cheek as we let go.

I got into the back seat of the cab, I really didn’t want to go home. I was having a good time with Louis and everyone. And what could mom and dad possibly want me home for? They’ve never really needed me.