The Beginning

My memories of my past come back to me as if it were yesterday. When I was born there was something off about me, surging through me was a power and both my mother and stepfather knew about it . In my eyes flames were sparkling all around, glistening in the dim light of the hospital. I lay there in my mother's arms, eyes wide open but not shedding a tear. It was dead silent, all you could here is the low beeps of the monitor in the room.

The nurses come in to do the usual routine of a check up, but while doing this the nurses eyes go wide. She clicks her beeper and doctors come rushing in dragging my stepfather and even my mother out of the room. She is screaming and crying and telling them to stop, but it was no use. With no warning an abnormally large needle was jabbed into my neck putting me into a death like sleep. 

The next thing I knew I was back in my house where my mom was holding me like nothing ever happened. However, when I glanced over at my stepfather, he had this glare in his eyes that looked like he was extremely irritated. He just continued to glare, looking back and forth between my mom and I. He holds his stare on me without looking away for a while. That was the moment I knew something was off about him. He wasn’t as innocent as he was made out to be.

My life after that went by pretty fast and nothing strange had went on. I figured that what happened when I was born was just a fluke, but that wasn’t the case. On my fifth birthday the impossible became possible and that was the day that I knew that I was something special. The magic in my blood burst out of my body, revealing my powers. I went to blow out my birthday candles, but the moment I blew, the flames burst brighter than I’ve ever seen. The whole dining room was engulfed in flames and they spread and spread until the only thing it had left to touch was my parents and I. Even though I was only five my natural instincts told me exactly what to do.

The immense fire inched forward and I pushed my parents out of the way and let the fire surround my body. I could hear violent sobs coming from my mother and nothing from my stepfather. He could care less, but my mom is heartbroken thinking that she would no longer have a daughter. The fire hits me and I feel a jolt of energy run through me. I could feel the fire surging through my veins, the flames caresing my skin as if it were one, the blaze entering my heart and wrapping it in a protective shield of warmth. In this moment my identity changed, I was no longer Lynn Inferno; I became Blaze.