A Thousand Words

A Thousand Words

Khushi stood in far corner beside one of the stalls set up in lawn, watching everyone enjoying the party. The Holi celebration is going on in full swing with different colors and water around her. The lush garden of Raizada mansion has been beautifully decorated with streamers of mirror and crystals that were interlaced with marigold flowers and leaves of the trees. Some music related to holi festival playing in background as few people danced on them, more guests coming and mingling with each other and wished each other while applying colors.

Canopied tables are set in far corner of lawn few containing refreshments and few varieties of colors. Also, small pavilion types have been set up for the guests who just wants to enjoy from far or are too tired after playing holi. A group of men was busy in making the bhang with those fresh green leaves for those who wants to have it and for others thandai was also arranged. Drummers also made their entry and everyone started dancing on the beats of Dhol (drum). Khushi have made sure that everything is on place and nothing is left out for any guest to complain later.

"Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada", Two months ago with this name she have got so many responsibilities also as the elder daughter-in-law of Raizada family. Now her every action not only effects her or her family but also the name of her husband and his family which is now her family also. So from last two months the old chirpy and carefree Khushi Kumari Gupta is trying her best to adapt herself in the shoes of elder Raizada bride and wife of "Arnav Singh Raizada."

"Arnav Singh Raizada", She sighed as a gentle breeze blew around her, whipping her hair on her face which she tucked behind her ear. Ever since her hasty marriage to Arnav Singh Raizada life had changed so much for her, for good or bad she is unable to decipher. Everyday is no less than a struggle, to ensure everyone in their family is happy, to always try of becoming a part of this new world where she is no more that crazy, simple and middle class Khushi but wife of Arnav Singh Raizada. Wife of one of the most powerful businessmen in the world whose every step is under the scrutiny of media. She can no more go around in her bright color cheap suits or speak loudly without a care of anyone.

A tutor has been especially assigned to teach her basic etiquettes and English so she don't embarrass herself and ASR in front of media or his colleagues. She looked at the window of their room hoping to have a glance of him but sighed sadly having none. All those struggles doesn't matter, she would have happily accepted and learnt everything for him, if only the circumstances wasn't different. To the world and their families, they are couple crazily in love who couldn't wait to be with each other therefore married on the same day of their siblings but beyond the closed doors of their bedroom only they knows the reality. Only Arnav and Khushi knew that their marriage is just a compromise for the happiness of their families.

Khushi saw Payal running as Akash was chasing her with a water gun in his hand and her smile faltered though she composed herself instantly. She is happy to see them but her heart felt the pang of sadness, she wiped the lone tear from her eyes before it can fall; she would have been also enjoying happily, not just to show others if her relationship with Arnav would have been real. If only....