Reckless (Caleb Prior Love Story) - Divergent Fanfiction

Mom placed a bowl of fruit in front of me. I just pushed it around nervously, eyeing the clock. I glanced at my brother, Torin, who was scarfing down his food like a wild animal. "Misty, what's wrong?" my mother asked with concern lacing her voice. I didn't want to tell her, but being in Candor, I had to. "I'm nervous about the aptitude test." Torin stopped his rapid eating long enough to look up from his plate with confusion etched across his sharp, chiseled features. "That's today?" I roll my eyes. "No, it already happened and you missed it." heavy sarcasm. He glares at me and then goes back to eating with a little less endurance. "What faction do you want to be in, Misty?" my father asks. Yet another question i dont want to answer. I know where he wants me to be......right back here in Candor. "Maybe Dauntless... I kind of like the idea of Erudite. I would never be in Abnegation though. I wouldn't last a day. Not entirely sure yet." I answer sheepishly. My father shakes his head. "So your not even thinking about coming back to Candor?" there was a pause. "......I'm not sure yet dad." and with that, I grab my bag, shove an orange slice in my mouth and walk briskly out the front door to go to school.

The hallway is flooded with people from Abnegation dressed in their solid gray outfits simply trying to blend in, people from the Dauntless faction dressed in their stunning black outfits, tattoos covering their solid frames, Amity, in their vibrant reds and yellows, and The Erudite were dressed in blue with the same glasses they always wore, even with 20/20 vision. "Hey Misty." I hear my best friend, Beatrice Prior, to my left greet. She has her simple Abnegation outfit on and I smile widely. "Today is the day you get to stop being a Stiff right, Beatrice?" I ask her jokingly. I'm the only person who knows that she doesn't feel like she belongs in Abnegation. She isn't alone, I don't feel like I belong in Candor. I never have. "Shh! I don't want anyone to know! especially not Caleb" she hushes me quickly. Caleb. Just hearing that name makes me shiver in the best way. I've had a crush on him since the day I first met him. "what is Caleb going to do?" I ask her on the way to the assembly. She shrugs. "he doesn't really talk about it." she admits. That's one thing Torin and Caleb have in common. They show no fear about the aptitude test. Maybe they will be in Dauntless. We walk in to the assembly before the test and settle down to listen.