Sound Check

I picked up one dress after another, rolling my eyes at the repetive patterns and styles. I wanted somethign original, but cute and flirty. With a sigh I left the dresses and looked through the other racks. Lexi was in a dressing room trying on an adorable white dress with a floral pattern. So I had a few minutes. As I looked halfheartedly through the racks I found the most adorable blazer ever. It was pink and adorable, and the sleeves were three quarter length with white cuffs. I grabbed my size and instantly started looking at the white dresses. Eventually I decided on a very simple one, with a bit of beading on the bust and cute floral cutouts on the bottom. I snatched it up and went into a dressing room.

"Hey Lex, I'm trying something on, tell me when you're out!" I called out as I put the dress on. The dress fit perfectly and I smiled, normally I avoided wearing white since I was pale, but with the pink over  it, it made my skin look good. I grinned and made a few minor adjustments. 

"I'm done! Come out when you're ready!" called Lex, and with a last look I waltzed out of the dressing room and we both grinned, we looked awesome. We bought the clothes, matching wedges and purses and took off. We had to go back and get ready fast, the VIP began in three hours, and the venue was an hour away. 

We got home, showered and got ready. I decided to wear my hair straight, normally I thought my plain brown hair looked boring straight but with my layers framing my face it worked perfectly with the dress. I decided to do light natural makeup, a little eyeliner and mascara to frame my large green eyes, a bit of neutral eyeshadow and clear lipgloss. I grinned at my reflection and wondered if he'd recognize me as the girl soaking wet, hair in tangles makeup running down her face he resuced. What if he didn't remember me? I suddenly became very nervous, I normally was very outgoing but somehow finding out "That Boy" was a world famous pop sensation unnerved me. 

"UGH, my hair is coming out like crap. help me pleeeeease?" Begged Lexi, with a laugh I took up the curling iron and loosely curled her hair, added rosy blush, and light eyemakeup. Lexi was tan, with extremely long thick brown hair. I always loved her hair. She had pretty brown eyes, that matched her hair perfect. She was skinny, and was the same height as me. I smiled as I looked at her out,  It went perfect with her naturally sunny, cheerful and genuine disposition. I grinned as we took a few pictures in the mirror before we hopped in the car. We had an hour and a half to get to the venue, I smiled as I climbed in my car, both of us grinning like complete dweebs. As we drove we listened to One Direction of course and got excited and nervous.

When we pulled up to the venue there were hundreds of girls outside already, all screaming and pointing to the bus that was parked in the lot. I laughed at the young girls, who looked so excited, and were holding up funny signs. We climbed out of the car and waded our way through the younger girls to the venue doors. We gave them our VIP tickets and they led us inside, where a group of about twenty other girls sat, the other VIPs obviously. We sat and chatted with a few girls about our age until a man walked out smiling and all the girls sitting squealed. 

"Follow me ladies, VIPs this way." He gestured to a doorway that we all walked through, a few girls were pushing to the front, I rolled my eyes as we took out spots at the back with the security guard. We chatted with him on our way to the soundcheck, he was a funny guy, his name was Rob, and we ended up laughing the entire way, joking about the crazy fans he's seen. When we walked into the arena to take our seats we were required to sit by our tickets, I smiled and silently thanked my uncle for getting first row seats. Lexi and I, and two other girls shared the dead center spot. We grinned and chatted excitedly, Lexi talked more than I since she knew more about them. I felt a knot of nerves in my stomache, imagining seeing him, That Boy, it still felt weird to call him Louis.

Suddenly there was an extra loud cheer, I looked around to see where it was from and Rob laughed and said, "That's from outside the boys must be leaving their tour bus."