Kowareta Ai [2]

The night time sky can be a deadly thing. It can interfere with your vision, it can play nasty mind tricks, and it can also hinder the search of a person. That person being Konoha's own knuckleheaded ninja, Naruto.

Earlier

Team 7 had just recently been reunited and this early morning training was going to be the first, in a long time. Sasuke had returned to the village two months ago after the defeat of Orochimaru. He was, as an order by the council, to be kept under close surveillance. The pink konoichi, known as Sakura, was more than happy to have the always ever stoic Uchiha.

"Sasuke~!" a voice called out from across the bridge that led from the town to the training grounds. It was Sakura; she was standing, well bouncing, next to Kakashi who was ever present with his famous orange novel.

"Sakura." He stated and looked around, noticing that Naruto was late. Which was unusual for the blonde teen, he was always early. Ever since they were children, he was always the first one here. "Where is Naruto?"

"I don't know, honestly" she gave a shrug that pretty much said 'I could care less' "He wasn't here when I got here"

"I wonder where he could be..." Kakashi spoke quietly. Suddenly in a puff of smoke, Kaka-sensei's ninja dog, Pakkun, was summoned "Please go find Lady Tsunade and let her know that Naruto did not show up for training."

"Right." He nodded and ran off in search of the Hokage.

"Right, then. We get right to traini-"he glanced up at the right moment and saw Sai's ink bird. "Sai."

Right as he spoke the ink ninja's name he landed and in a hurry explained quietly to Kakashi what he exactly saw. Sasuke heard one word. 'Naruto'

In that moment Kakashi told everyone to head to the Hokage tower and he would meet them there soon.

Hokage Tower

"What exactly are you telling me SAI?!" Tsunade raged "Are you telling me that my gaki is with a rouge?!"

"Yes." He nodded with an ever expressionless face "From what I saw, they were in some type of struggle; he was pleading with the rouge and telling me to look away. That was when I returned to the village, finding Team 7, well most of Team 7" he glanced towards the broken Team 7. Along with Team 7 were, Iruka-sensei, Temari, Choji, Shino, Ino, Shikamaru, and Kiba, along with more people who actually cared for the blonde boy.

"What are you all waiting for?! We wasted enough time already! I want you to go find Gaara!" She pointed to a group of ANBU. "You go and search his apartment for any clues!" She pointed to another group. "And I want us all to go into the woods to search for MY gaki!" Tsunade collapsed into her chair and spun around to face the setting sun. 'It took that long...hang on gaki. We are on our way..."

Present

Naruto's eyes fluttered open and he came face to face with the dead of night. "How long was I out...?" he asked quietly and by looking at the moon he could tell it was quite a ways past midnight. He gingerly moved to his knees and as he slowly started to stand up the world began to spin. "I lost...too much blood." He shook his head and quickly sat down before he passed out again, he then looked towards his chest when he felt a trickle run down his chest. He noticed the engraving of 'Uchiha'

"That bastard..." he held back the tears. His pride would not shatter, he would be strong, he would be strong, he would be...

He reached for his tattered shirt and jacket, quickly ripping the shirt to shreds and wrapping it around his chest quite tightly. After the majority of the wound was taken care of, besides the other one...he slid the jacket over his arms and zipped it up. He pulled his legs up to his chest, curling into a ball as he listened to the rustling of the leaves.

"...ruto!" he heard someone calling his name in the distance. "Naruto!!" The blonde did a couple of hand signs causing a clone to appear. "Go find that person...quick"

The clone nodded and ran off to the North. He ran for about a mile until he almost slammed into Kiba. "Whoa!!" Kiba yelled as the clone stopped just short of his face.

"Naruto!" he cried. The clone only shook his head 'no' "Not...Naruto?" he asked confused.

"Clone."

Kiba understood that the clone wanted to follow him when he took ahold of Kiba's arm and started pulling him to Naruto's location quickly. Once they came upon the clearing, Kiba finally got a good look at the real Naruto.

"Naruto..." he whispered and ran towards his friend when the bushin disappeared. He shook Naruto's shoulder "Naru?!"

Inside Naruto

"Naruto...my kitsune..." a huge fox like demon spoke to the floating Naruto"Wake up." Naruto's eyes snapped open. A huge paw slipped through the slots of the gate that kept him caged and lifted Naruto's exhausted body up and out of the water.

"What is it...?" he asked tiredly. Too tired to even resist that pet name.

"You must bear my kit." Well. That was blunt. "Yes. Getting the...'father' was not the typical way. And I know that you have had your eyes on that other Uchiha, but this was my chance."

"Shut up you damn fox." He curled up against the warm fur of the fox's hand, this was...nice.

"Listen. Once you are healed, you need to leave the village. Ask for a mission, a long one. Or just leave. Don't worry you will return." He chuckled as he felt a slight sliver of panic course through the boy's mind scape.

"Whatever you say..." he sighed and fell into a sleep like state.

Sorry for the long wait! Please enjoy~