Lady, Or the Tiger? Ending

This is a short story that I had to write for Language Arts. You were supposed to chose the ending that you wanted to happen to the main character in the story and write it out in a few paragraphs. It's not very good; I wrote it in like an hour, when it usually takes a couple of hours to write. xD Anyway, I hope you guys like it! (: Oh, and if you want to read the story that I had to write it from, go to this link! It's called The Lady, Or The Tiger? By Frank Stockton. (: 

eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/LadyTige.shtml 

I was terrified.

The sweat that plastered my long, brown hair to my sun-burnt forehead slowly slid down on the arch of my nose and dropped onto the dirt ground below. Just standing in front of the towering door not ten feet in front of me sent a cold shiver up my spine, even though it was ninety degrees out. I knew without a doubt what was beyond that door: the punishment for my terrible crime.

At least, that is what the king described my love for his daughter, the princess: a terrible crime. Just thinking about the cascade of her golden curls hanging gently around her shoulders, the way her baby blue eyes sparkled in the moonlight, and her warm, gentle smile made my heart melt. It was unlike anything I have ever felt before in my entire life. I loved her, and she, in return, loved me. I could see it in her mesmerising eyes when we were having an affair the other night, under the beautiful, pale moonlight. Which brought me to where I am now, and I do not regret it one bit.

I gulped and took in a few deep breaths, that could possibly be my very last. I set my hand up against the door, and, before I opened it, I dared one last look at the princess before I was devoured.

She was sitting peacefully on her thrown next to the larger thrown where her father sat. And, as her beautiful eyes bore into mine, he saw a single tear slide down her cheek and fall from her face.

I turned back toward the door, and braced myself as I slowly began to open the door.

The woman that stood before me behind the large door had to be one of the most beautiful women he’d ever seen. Her wavy, jet-black hair hung around her shoulders and back like an endless, black waterfall. Her skin was flawless and her eyes were like no other.

The emotion on her face expressed a message that said, “I hope this works out for you two.” I smiled at her and she smiled back with caring and hope deep within her brown eyes.

One thing lead to another and the next thing I new, I was ‘married’ to one of the most gorgeous women I’ve ever seen. My best friend was there to witness it all, for he was the priest that ‘wed’ us. A genius plan like this could not have turned out any better.

Once the ceremony was over and we were completely alone, we met up with the priest and the princess somewhere extremely secretive, so that nobody would be able to spot us and eavesdrop on our conversation. As I waited for everyone to gather, I reminisced about how smoothly the plan had unfolded.

After our last affair, the princess and I formulated a plan so that we could escape the kingdom without suspicion, and start a new life far away from the terrible king’s wrath. The plan was risky, but we were willing to take the chances if that meant being with each other without being told it was forbidden and not allowed.

The princess got a hold of one of the maids working in the castle as I got a hold of one of my best friends, and they were willing to help, even though it was extremely risky. We informed them of their duties and they both agreed.

The princess and the maid would work together so that the maid would be the woman waiting behind one of the two doors. The princess would then proceed to find out which one she would be standing behind during the persecution.

During the persecution, the princess would then signal as to which door the woman was standing behind. Then I would open the large door to see the maid standing behind it.

After that, the ‘priest’ would then ‘wed’ the woman and I during the ceremony. Then the princess and I would pack our luggage, family heirlooms, food, and other various things, and meet up with the woman and ‘priest’ and thank them before departing.

I smiled to myself as the woman and ‘priest’ finally arrived.

Both the princess and I thanked to woman first for pretending to be my wife during the ceremony, and for risking her life to help formulate the escape plan. It could not have been done without her willingness and acting during the ceremony.

Then we thanked the man for pretending to be the priest that had wed the woman and I. The acting was spectacular; he did not mess up once throughout the entire ceremony. Since the man was not a real priest, the woman and I were not truly wed. He had risked his life as well, and we could not have unfolded the plan without his devious mind and willingness to help.

We said our farewells and, after packing our luggage and things, we were off to start a new life in another kingdom far away from there, were the princess and I could live freely and independently. Just the thought of it made made my heart just a little more joyous inside. The possibilities were endless; we could build our own house, start a family, raise our children, and so many more without being told otherwise. It was the best plan I had ever thought of....

….and we never would have escaped without the help of the maid and the ‘priest.’ They will be missed dearly, and will never be forgotten for as long as we both shall live.