Chapter 3- Determine

"Heaven can't help me now. Nothing lasts forever, but this is gonna take me down."

We asked the taxi man to stay and wait for us until we came back...

Walking into the building was easy, staying in the building would be fun, but convincing Arthur Tressler to willingly give us money and be our benefactor would be hard. I have never been so uneased. Merritt had used his talent to convince security that we were supposed to be there, and now we were in the elevator, going up. We stood, the elevator beeped as it rose, and Jack and I stood awkwardly, both remembering the night before. Why were we so tense?

"So," I start, "just to clarify, we get up there tell him we want to make him money and hope he says yes?"

"More like, convince him that we are the next biggest names in magic and if all else fails..." Danny trailed off.

"I convince him using my methods." Merritt says with a slight wave of his hand.

"God, I hope this works." Henley says, sighing.

"Me too." I agree.

We all walk out through the doors that had slid open. I was wearing a black and white-striped t-shirt with a black cardigan over it, a red mini-skirt gripped my ass, and shiny black heels lifted my feet off the ground. The locket that my dad had given me hung around my neck, he would be so proud of me for all I have accomplished.

I looked back for a moment and noticed Jack staring at my ass. His eyes lifted and met mine, I rolled my eyes and glared at him telling him with my body language to stop. As we continued to walk down the hall, I walked slower so I could whisper to Jack, he needs to stop before someone notices.

"You need to stop looking at me like you're a lost puppy, or you're starving." I whisper, so he can only hear me.

"I do not," He justified as quietly as he could, Henley looking back at us, we both straightened until she faced forward.

"Last warning, Wilder. It was one time, that's it. Stop." I walked a little quicker to catch up with Henley, before we reached Arthur's office.

Atlas opened the door as we all walked in, I was grinning, hoping that we would get this man to be our benefactor. The entire plan was riding on the fact that we get this man to help us.

"What the hell are the five of you doing in my office?" The british man said, startled by the intrusion.

"Pardon us, sir. We are the Five Horsemen, and we would like to invite you into an amazing investment opportunity!" Atlas attempted to recover from the reaction Arthur gave.

"You have my interest, and 15 minutes to keep it." He said, laying back in his chair.

"Did you remember the presentation cards?" Daniel whispered to Henley.

"I told Eva to grab them." She whispered back, while giving me the side-eye.

"I told Jack to grab them." I quickly threw the blame, glancing his way.

It should be noted that Jack searched frantically to place the blame, but couldn't. "I-uh, I forgot them."

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

"Go get them quickly, we'll stall him." I say hitting his arm.

"Go with him, Eva. You should've grabbed them yourself." Atlas says, dick.

"Dick." I say walking out with Jack, as they start to distract him. I assume Merritt would try reading him.

We walk swiftly to the elevator, I push the button and tap my toe as we wait. When it arrives, I could not be more pissed, fucking Jack. The doors closed, we were alone. "You know, if you hadn't been busy staring at my ass, you would've remembered the damn presentation."