HIDE & SEEK

"I'm sorry", the words barely slipped between my lips as I stared in fear at the nameless man pointing at me.

Nothing about him seemed unsure, he planned everything, he knew how this was going to end, how I was going to end, but I make a promise to myself I will outsmart him.

Standing at the end of his pointed finger felt like staring down the barrel of a shotgun, my life was in his hands, whether I liked it or not, and if I try anything, there's nothing stopping him pulling the trigger.

A horrifying feeling crawled around my spine and slowly began consuming my mind. I lethargically lifted my head to be face to face with this man.

His skin was pale white, his build was muscular and hair as black as coal. It was clear he paid attention to his appearance, but the ugliness of his nature took everything away.

Thousands of thoughts flew viscously through my mind and the lack of attention I gave to the current moment angered the man.

He grabbed me by the front of my shirt and ripped me close to him. His blazing cold icy blue eyes impaled mine with his stare. He studied my face and body. I felt his eyes fall over every part of me, sizing me up. But mainly powering into my eyes.

I looked away in fear that maybe if I stared back at him for too long I'd become like him.

"Look at me!" He yelled shaking his hand slightly in front of my face.

I squeezed my eyes closed and felt a lump form at the back of my throat like I was about to cry.

I batted my eyes back open but avoided his glare.

"I said look at me you stupid bitch!" he yelled, even angrier. He pulled me closer to him and our faces were too close for comfort. I couldn't possibly ignore his glare now, I stared back at him feeling a sense of powerlessness.

He let go of my shirt and I stumbled back but quickly regained my balance. I felt my body shake in fear of what might happen next. It's nice to say I have a strong mind, but I've never been held to a life or death game of hide and seek.

"30 seconds, everyone is what I give you, you leave this house and you will be shot to death, I find you first and you'll be shot to death. Is that understood?" He spoke in a strong, bold and dominant voice which made myself and four other females shiver with fear.

This house was so large, messy as well. The smell of rotten meat filled my nostrils. A taste of bitter death began appearing in my mouth.

"30, 29, 28" He began counting.

My heart began to race and blood pumped faster and faster through my veins as I ran for the safety of my life.

I felt like I'd be running for minutes finding a place, tripping over objects, sheets.

I grabbed the side of a wall and flung my way around the corner.

I found myself to be in a room that maybe have once been a kitchen.

The room appeared to be small, cramped with cardboard boxes, sheets, rotten food and one small table in the corner of the room.

My mind quickly processed the decision of hiding under the table. Sheets that were saturated in juices from rotten food covered the small table.

I layed silently, trying to calm my breathing as well as I possibly could.

I was shaking in fear and anticipation to know what it going on.

Not long had I been hiding when I heard the yelp of a female, it sounded close by.

The only thing I can thinking is "I'm done. This is how I'm going to go."

I peered through the sheets and saw the nameless man drag a lady in the room by her hair.

"FIND HER!" He yelled shoving her move into the room.

The lady's pale white cheeks were stained red from tears.

Her hands wondered past few objects before she turned around to the man.

"I don't know, please i---"

" I said find her" He ordered calmly.

Her breaths were quick as her eyes scanned the area. I felt a wave of guilt crash over me.

I crawled out from beneath the space and ran.

The man ran after me and I wasn't aware of what the girl was doing.

I ran straight out the doors and across the road.

"HELP, SOMEONE, CALL THE POLICE?!" I screamed and cried.

A man pulled me away from the road and to a 7/11 petrol station.

My tears blinded the path in which I was walking.

My body ached from fear and running.

I was done with being afraid. I helped myself up to a chair and wiped my tear filled eyes.

I covered my face for a moment and looked up.

Only to reveal the nameless man staring down at me.

"Now, now, I knew you'd be a little issue. That's no longer."