Chapter 1

Anna's POV:

Anna's POV:

I slammed my locker closed and walked to the classroom that I needed to be in. My hands were sweating and freezing. I opened the door and looked to the ground, until the teacher noticed me.

"Ah... everyone meet Anna! She's new to this school, so make sure that she's treated well!" He exclaimed, as I finally had the courage to look up at the fairly friendly faces around me.

"Thank you, Mr Davis." I mumbled, as I sat at the nearest empty seat. I looked to my left and saw a girl that seemed to look as if she was friendly. I then looked to my right, to see someone who didn't seem like the same... a frown was stuck to his face and when he noticed me looking at him, he buried his face in his arms, grumbling. Well, the left it is. I cleared my throat and started to talk to the girl next to me.

"Hey, I'm Anna. What's your name?" I asked her, to see her turn her attention to me.

"Hey Anna, My name's Skylar. Are you getting on well at this school?" She asked. I nodded, although I did feel quite lonely.

"Yeah, but I'm not quite sure about where every room is yet." I giggled nervously. That was a habit. She then smiled and suggested to take me around on a tour of the school. I nodded and thanked her for her kindness. I was shocked that I had already made a hopefully long time friend.

I was starting to open up more to this new school. It seemed to be better than I expected, after my old school. THAT was definitely less than half as nice it was here. I started to relax and get accustomed to the lesson.

I had left that school because it was somewhere that I HATED! My dad was the headmaster of the school so I would get teased, but that wasn't it. It was because I would get into a lot of trouble because of the peer pressure coming from my 'friends' trying to encourage me to do things I shouldn't have. They would say things like, "c'mon Anna, your dad's the headmaster. I doubt that you'll get into trouble. But we will." They guilt tripped me into letting them get away with things like vandalism or storing illegal possessions of theirs in the school, which I regretted deeply later on. I felt like I needed a change to become a better person and to change my ways. It was the only solution. I cut off any connection with my friends that influenced me to do these things and promised myself to never do anything like that again. I've been trying to keep my promise ever since.

"Well, it's a deal! I'm going to show you around this lunch!" She said, grinning. I smiled at her, appreciating what she was doing for me, I felt so out of place at this school. Although it was undoubtedly better than my old school, I had no friends and no-one to talk to, so maybe this would change everything.

It was already 3 lessons into the school day, and so lunch had begun. I went to the cafeteria to get some food and looked around. I scanned the room to find Skylar with 5 friends surrounding her. Her lilac hair was easily able to spot. I felt so intimidated by her little possy, but I needed this. I can't be known as the loner in school. I took a deep breath and walked to the table. As soon as she saw me, she got up from her seat.

"Hey, Anna. These are my friends; Dylan, Bailee,Scott, Riley and Ashley." I waved nervously at them and they said Hi back. She quickly whispered something to her friends and walked with me out of the hall, leaving them behind.