Chapter 3

Anna's POV:

Anna's POV:

I was walking back home by my self as it was the end of the school day. I was walking for only 5 minutes when I someone leaped onto my back. I jumped up and turned around to see Skylar. How should I feel about this? I was so confused on whether I should still think of hanging around her. I stayed silent and continued walking as she giggled behind me.

"Anna I haven't seen you all day!" She laughed, running to my side.

"I've... just been busy." I stuttered, keeping my distance from her.

"Why are you walking?" She asked. I rolled my eyes playfully. I guess it wasn't obvious.

"Because my house isn't far from school." I said, fastening my pace a little. This made her walk faster also.

"Well, we'll drop you off home." She said, enthusiastically. We? To my surprise, a car pulled up next to us and there were her friends blasting the radio in the car.

"No thanks, I'm good." I tried walking away until Skylar had gripped my wrist and pushed me in the car. Great, I guess I was going then.

"So, where were you at lunch after we went to the library?" She asked, as soon as I put the seatbelt on.

"I...umm...-" I was quickly cut off to a sudden halt from the car. I looked to my left to see.... JUSTIN? He was waiting at the bus stop. I quickly turned my head so he couldn't see me, but it was too late. 'I'm Sorry' I mouthed to him as we drove off. He looked down afterwards and I felt so bad. I need to learn to stand up for myself. Otherwise I wouldn't be here. This is exactly what happened at my last school, like Deja Vu. When will this end?

It was the next day and I walked to school as usual and I was putting my bag into my locker until someone had slammed my locker shot. I jumped in shock and my eyes shifted from the hands that were placed on my locker to the person's face. Skylar. No surprise.

"Where were you after the library?" She asked, glaring at me as if she was looking in my eyes for the truth.

"I need to get to my locker, if you don't mind." I calmly spoke as I didn't want to start a commotion.

"WHERE WERE FOR FUCKS SAKE IT'S AN EASY QUESTION!' She shouted at me, slapping my bag out of my grip, making my books go everywhere.

"You know what, I know you know where I was. I WAS WITH JUSTIN? OK?! I'D RATHER HANG OUT WITH A NICE GUY LIKE HIM INSTEAD OF A BULLY LIKE YOU!" I screamed back at her. She chuckled under her breath. What she said next.... I could never repeat. It felt like she had repeatedly taken stabs at my heart. Was I really that fat? And short? Did anyone REALLY like me? Was my voice as annoying as she said? Was I acting as fake as she told me I was? Multiple tears escaped my eyes. I quickly brushed them away and grabbed my bag off the floor, along with my books. I ran as fast as I could so no-one could see me any longer. All I could hear and see in my mind was her laugh and intimidating smile that was on her face. I bumped into someone, but I couldn't see them since my vision was such a blur. I rubbed my eyes and picked up my bag before seeing who it was. It was, unsurprisingly, Justin. Before he could open his mouth even a little bit, I continued to run to the toilets.

Before I looked at myself in the mirror, I bent my head down towards the sink. I was trying to control my breathing as much as I could, not this again. I was doing so well to control my mindset and it was going so well. It was crazy how just a few sentences could shatter you in a million pieces. Just those words were enough to make my panic attacks and anxiety come back in an instance. Come on, Anna. Control yourself. I took long breaths in and breathed out as slow as I could. I had ran out of tears to cry, and so I finally calmed down. I was just left with me and my thoughts. How could I possibly go back out there without being humiliated?

*Knock, Knock*

I turned around and looked at the door of the women's toilets.

"Anna, are you in hear?" A quiet yet familiar voice whispered gently.