15• Brotherly Shove

thanks for 52 reads already. ily!!💖💖💖✌️
—————
GRAYSON:
Ethan told me he was going out to eat at the pizza place by himself. when he left, i decided i needed some free time. i needed to go somewhere to relax my nerves, think about what i've done. what i've done to Maddie.
so i went to mine and Ethan's safe place. it was just a field but it was more than just that to us. i parked my jeep and started to hike up the hill Ethan and i always go up.
i stopped because i thought i heard talking. i wanted to ask who was there but then i concentrated more closely to the voices.
one sounded almost identical to mine, but not as deep. Ethan, i thought. what is he doing here? he's suppose to be eating pizza.

i recognized the other voice but i didn't want to believe it. "Maddie?" i whispered to myself.

i walked closer to the top of the hill and that's when i saw both of them. not even inches apart. their lips were locked to each other's.

i couldn't help myself. "what is this?" i demanded.

they quickly spun around as Maddie put on a face of agony. "Grayson..." she muttered.

i looked at her then at Ethan, back and forth.

i shook my head uncontrollably.

"you're gonna get freaking pissed at me because i was kissing another girl and then you're gonna go off and kiss my twin?!" i shouted at Maddie. she looked gorgeous, she was suppose to be mine. but i screwed that up. i waited all summer.

"Gray, listen." Ethan said, now breathing heavily.

"no." i quickly shot back. "you listen."

Ethan took a step back. he knew how angry i could get, but i've never gotten this angry. especially not at him.

"you're suppose to be my twin, E! but instead you go behind my back and kiss Maddie?! you knew i liked her and you knew she liked me!" i screamed, clenching my jaw.

Ethan squinted at me. "you're for real getting mad at me? one, i don't like her like that, we were just both going through a rough patch, you know i hate seeing you like this. and two, it's not my damn fault you waited all summer to ask her out! and it's not my fault you told her to go back to Michigan! she wouldn't be moving back if it wasn't for you!"

oh, so now he's blaming everything on me? i was beyond angry. not only did my twin brother betray me, but now he's blaming everything on me.

"do not put this on me, okay? i was scared. i admit it, i was scared." i repeated. what was i saying?

"scared!" Ethan exclaimed with a chuckle. "you were scared? come on, Gray! how scary is it to say 'hey, i like you. how do you feel?' we've done it many times!"

i ran my hands through my hair. "it's different!"
i screamed, taking a step closer.

Maddie moved over to the side and looked at us in fright.

"anything else?" i asked. "anything else that's not you're fault?"

he smirked and i could tell he was getting on his 'savage mode', or so he called it.

"yeah. it's not my fault she kissed me." the smirk never left his face but it needed to.

Maddie kissed him? what?

i didn't want to show him how hurt i was. so i kept on my mad face.

"you're lying." i said, gritting my teeth.

the smirk quickly left Ethan's face. he all of a sudden looked ashamed.

"yea..." he muttered. "i'm sorry, bro. i kissed her." Ethan knew he couldn't lie to me. he always ended up telling the truth sooner or later.

i didn't care for the truth at this point. i was pissed.

before i knew or could control what i was going, my fist was being thrown back and making contact with Ethan's nose.

he fell to the ground, holding his bloody nose and looking at me in shock.

"Grayson!" Maddie shouted.

i ignored her because i knew Ethan never backed down from a fight. no matter who it was with.

he got back on his feet and punched me in the jaw.

i grabbed him by the hem of his shirt and held him up. "don't. hit. me." i said with gritted teeth.

he clenched his jaw and kicked me in the leg.

i almost fell over but caught my balance.

"guys, stop!" Maddie cried.

i needed her. and there was no way i was giving her away. not even to Ethan.
i loved my brother, i still did, even as we fought, but he couldn't win this.

i looked at him furiously and shoved him hard. i wasn't thinking. there he stood one second. and the next, he was stumbling down a steep hill.
to be continued...
——
i hope y'all liked it. rate and comment please!! ily!
peace!✌️