Stakes too high

-Fuck, I'm so late.

Chuck grinned, exceedingly satisfied. It wasn't everyone who got to hear Blair Waldorf, the image of class and Queen B herself, curse. No, no. That was something only him got the pleasure of. He was known for having corrupted a lot of young girls already, but there was something special about seeing Blair opening up to an entirely new side of herself, little by little, and letting him and only him see it.

-What a language, princess.

Blair turned to shoot him a sarcastic look while collecting her things.

-Like you don't love it.

Chuck's grin grew wider. Yes, he did love it. He remembered one of those specially good days at her house, chuckling while clamping her mouth with his free hand to stop her from scandalizing the whole building with her top-of-her-lungs screaming the word. He loved even more when she screamed.

Luckily, in that day they were at his place, where she could liberate herself all she wanted. For the unlucky part, she had to leave right away for her encounter with Nathaniel. Ugh.

-Such a pity you have to run when we could easily spend the whole afternoon revising your newly acquired vocabulary. - Chuck, who was sitting in bed, pushed her to his lap in a quick motion, making her stop the pacing and settle a little too comfortably in that position. In his embrace, the urgency faded away immediately.

She whimpered a protest when he kissed her throat, also lamenting the lost time. She hated that she had to leave right now, when the fun had only just started. Chuck had tried to persuade her to stay by saying he would order chocolate covered strawberries to eat under covers. What a cheap blow.

But she couldn't skip the outfit approval. She was still Blair, and she wouldn't let her Cotillion be less than perfection because of a poorly made choice of gowns.

She had asked Chuck if he wanted her to ditch Nate. Deep down, she knew he wanted it. But he told her not to. He was laying cool with it now that he made her admit all those things, and was even quite gleeful those last days. Besides, if Nate didn't escort her she would be left hanging. Prince Theodore got the rejection bad and his pride would certainly get in the way if she had to ask him to return to the inicial plan.

But that didn't mean that both of them were quite comfortable with having Nate interfere in their plans.

-Why couldn't you just ask him to text you a picture of him in the suit? - Chuck murmured against her skin, placing tender kisses on her shoulder.

Blair put a hand on the opening of his robe and played with some of the hair on his chest. She loved how manly they made him look. There was something about Chuck that made him look too grown up for his age, standing out from all of the other boys at Constance. It was probably all the premature sex and underage drinking, but it appealed just fine to her.

-Because then I wouldn't be the flawless arranger Blair. - She chuckled against his shuffled hair.

He smirked. She was right, that's what made her be Blair. Ever since they were little kids, her planning was always rigorously checked so that she'd know everything would go just according to her expectations. That's why their schemes were always so successful.

With a strain, she placed a last kiss on his lips- his perfect lips- and got up. Collecting her bag, she walked towards the door, glancing back when she came to it.

-Text me later.

For her surprise, Chuck was holding in a chuckle while looking at her. So much for her dramatic getaway.