Chapter 2 - Drunken State

Not You

Chapter 2 - Drunken State

"Remind me why we're even out here..." Shiro mumbled. She sat down on a bench and crossed her legs. She then proceeded to drink some tea.

"To test your titan abilities." Levi answered from beside her with a bored expression etched on his features. "Along with Eren, of course."

Eren was stood in the middle of an old well. Hanji was explaining to him what he must do. Hanji got to a safe distance before she shot a flare signalling than Eren could change into a titan. A few minutes passed and nothing had happened. Shiro placed her teacup down and walked over to the well, she peered inside to see Eren's hand was full of blood, probably from biting it.

"I'm sorry... I can't change into a titan..." He said whilst looking straight towards Shiro.

"Climb out... we'll try it again later." Shiro ordered and Eren did as he was told.

Shiro took it upon herself to wrap bandages around Eren's hands. Eren then sat at the table where Shiro was previously.

"Oi, looks like it's your turn now, brat." Levi said walking over to Shiro.

She nodded and jumped over the edge of the well and landed at the bottom. Levi peered over the edge and looked straight towards her.

"Try and control yourself as a titan." He paused. "It'd be a bother having to cut you out of its neck." And with that he left and a flare was fired.

Shiro took a deep breath then bit her wrist, drawing blood. Nothing happened. She continued until she was chewing her wrist purely out of frustration. She even tried biting her plump lips. Still nothing.

'I have to change for their research! To help mankind know more about titans... I can't fail them now!' She thought and bit her wrist once more.

There was a flash and a large amount of smoke. She was now looking at squad-Levi through her titan eyes. But she didn't have any control over the titans limbs... the titan was moving without her control. She began to panic even though Hanji looked more than a little excited.

Levi looked cautious. He wasn't convinced that the titan was acting as Shiro. The moment that the titan began to run, Levi was certain that she had no control. He quickly used his 3DMG to catch up to it. He stood on the titans neck and cut Shiro out of it. The titan fell to the ground and Levi slumped an unconscious Shiro over his shoulder.

***

"Will she be okay, captain?" Eren asked curiously from behind Levi. Levi was stood at the end of Shiro's bed waiting for her to wake up. Her limbs had regenerated, she wasn't wounded.

"Yes. This has happened once before." Levi answered as he folded his arms.

Eren nodded and left the room swiftly leaving Levi and Shiro alone. Levi's cold eyes were glued to Shiro. Slowly, her eyes began to open. She sat up and held her head in her hands.

"Finally awake I see." Levi said, gaining Shiro's attention.

"I'm very sorry, captain." Shiro said. "I couldn't control it."

"That doesn't matter now." Levi walked around the bed and took a seat beside it. "As long as you're safe now."

"Hold on... who are you and what've you done with Levi?" Shiro asked with caution. Levi wasn't usually this caring, no matter who it was.

"Ha-ha, very funny." Levi rolled his eyes. "I was being serious, brat."

"I'm sorry."

"Forget about it."

All of a sudden there was a slow knock at the door, Erwin entered the room. He smiled gently and walked towards the end of the bed.

"Commander?" Shiro was a little surprised that he had come here. He'd usually be at his desk completing paper work which he knew was pointless yet he couldn't upset royalty and toss it aside.

"I'm glad to see you're well, squad-leader Shiro." Erwin said to begin with. "Will you be attending Hanji's little 'get together' this evening? She'd be delighted to see you."

"Uh... sure, if that's okay, Captain?" Shiro turned to Levi hopefully.

"Tch. I suppose I'll have to change my answer and go along too." Levi paused. "Who knows what kind of stupid fucking trouble you'll get into."

"It's settled then. I'll see you both there." Erwin turned and walked towards the door. He stopped as he was about to close the door but didn't look back. "Take care." He said and walked out, the noise of the door's creak filled Shiro's and Levi's ears.

Shiro turned to Levi. "Stupid fucking trouble, eh?" She folded her arms and rolled her eyes.

***

"Ah~ I'm glad you could come!!" Hanji said, dragging Shiro away as soon as she entered the room.

Levi walked over to Erwin and sat beside him at the table. The commander handed him a small glass and filled it with alcohol, Levi drank it down quickly and slammed his glass on the table.

"You seem stressed." Erwin commented as he poured Levi another drink and Levi repeated his action before replying.

"Slightly." He muttered. "She's screwing with me."

"Oh?" Erwin raised an eyebrow. "How so?"

"One day she's completely against being in the same room with me and the next, she's talking to me as if I were a childhood friend."

"Because you are." Erwin poured both of them a drink, Levi eyed Shiro carefully, she was competing in a drinking contest with Oluo.

"I knew her from when I was younger, yes. I wouldn't of exactly classed us as friends, though. Needn't to say, I never spoke to her during that time. We were on different levels." Levi paused and leaned back in his chair. "You especially should know that."

***

Shiro stumbled over to Levi and circled her arms around his body. She kissed his cheek and giggled before moving to straddle his lap.

"Shiro?" Levi raised an eyebrow.

Shiro giggled again. "I really... like you... Captain..." She slurred and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Quit screwing around." Levi ordered but she plainly laughed.

"I want... I want to have sex." She poked Levi's chest awkwardly and then began leaning forwards. Their lips were pressed together though it was clear Levi was resisting her attempts at the moment. "F-Fine. I'll go find... someone else to do it... with..." As she began to stand to walk away, Levi grabbed her arm.

"Don't you dare." Levi warned. "I will not have you sleeping around with people."

There was a slight pause as Shiro looked at Levi. "Why... do you care?"

Levi was taken aback for a second. Why did he care? It didn't matter to him what other people did with each other. They were free to do as they please in that sense. He felt it was some kind of duty to protect Shiro, yet he had no clue if this was in a lovers way or the kind of protection you would show your siblings.

"I... I don't know." Levi mumbled whilst looking to the ground. He didn't let go of her arm though. "...still, I will not allow this." He lifted the girl up into his arms with ease. "If you're so desperate... then- then have sex with me. I don't want anyone else touching even a single hair on your head."

Levi carried her to his quarters and gently threw her on the bed. He climbed on top of her and pressed their lips together, a fuzzy feeling entered Levi's heart. He paused for a moment before continuing.

It hurt him to know she'd probably hate everything about this situation in the morning.