Chapter 5: Partner Up

(3rd P.O.V)

"WAAAAHOOOOO!" Y/N was soaring down the air at incredible speed, straight into the forest below. He took his scarf of his neck, preparing himself for his landing. When he was close enough to the forest trees Y/N used his scarf like a lasso to wrap around a branch and swung from tree to tree gradually slowing his pace. Once Y/N slowed down enough he used his wrench to get clamp around a branch and put himself to a complete spot. He looked over and the hole he made through the leaves in the branches when he cam through. "What a landing."

Y/N realised the grip from his wrench around the tree branch and landed on the ground. He then quickly wrapped his scarf around his neck and began to walk through the thick wood. "Now to find someone... anyone really..."

(A few minutes later)

Y/N had been walking through the forest for a bit and he still couldn't seem to find anyone. No person or even a grimm. It was actually getting him slightly nervous, he was thinking what if everyone already found a partner and he was left on his own. At one point he heard some gun shot's in the distance. "Maybe I'm getting closer to people." he thought.

As Y/N got deeper and deeper into the woods he was starting to wondering what happens if he dosent find anyone. What if anyone had already found a partner? What if he had to be all on his own? Y/N just shook his head. "Nah, that's crazy talk, there were loads of students. Besides I don't think the school would permit that... I think."

Y/N's inner thought were put to a halt when he heard a loud twig snap to the left of him, causing his fennec fox ears to twitch. He looked over to where the noise came from and saw a thick and tall bush shake about.

Y/N remembered Ozpin's warning about grimm in this forest, so he slowly took  out his weapon and prepared in while slowly getting closer to the shaking bush. It started to shake more violently. "Ok, this is it time to-"

Suddenley, the girl that he met in the cafeteria came out of the bush. She fell on her back. "Oh my, that's the last time I go through an untraced path."

"Aubree?"

Aubree turned round to face him. "Oh good, a familiar face. I've been on my own for quite a bit now."

"How come you were traveling through all those bushes?"

Aubree picked some leaves out of her hair. "I could actually heard something through them. I was getting rather bored of just walking so I followed the sound and well I came across you. And since you're the first person I've made eye contact with-" she walked closer, "you're my partner now."

Y/N was relieved that he got to partner up with someone he vaguely knew. "Ok great! Um... do you remember which way the temple is again?"

Aubree pointed in the direction. "North of the forest. I suggest we keep moving, we are being graded after all." Y/N nodded and walked through the forest.

There was a slight uncomfortable silence as they went for their destination. Y/N was trying to desperately come up with something to say to break the ice but thankfully Aubree was able to say something. "So, that's a rather interesting weapon you have there." she commented.

"Hm, oh right my wrench." Y/N takes it off his back and flicks it out its full size. "Real handy for giving Grimm a good clobber in the head and-" he reaches the wrench up to a branch and lamps it around it. "Real handy for holding stuff tight." An apple from the branch landed onto his head as he released the branch. "Oww..." Aubree giggled a little. "So... what's your weapon?"

"This." In a flash Aubree whipped out her weapon. It was a rapier sword so it had quite a thin blade compared to other swords. It had a light blue helm and the blade itself was silver.