fifteen.

adeline took a deep breath as the cameras began rolling again, waiting until she heard the jimmy fallon say, "and with me tonight, the mysterious and alluring adeline jones." as soon as he did, she walked out, waving at the crowd before sitting on the familiar couch.

"evening, adeline, how are you doing tonight?" jimmy asked, leaning towards her with interest. she chuckled, offering a slight shrug before replying, "twelve year old me is screaming right now. what a dream."

"oh, i take it she's a fan?" he replied with a grin, and she rolled her eyes, nodding.

"she once stayed up to watch one direction perform here, so yes, i think so. i've gotta say, jimmy, all this talk about me being mysterious and yet i've told you way too much in the past few minutes. maybe i should try harder."

the audience laughed at that, and adeline smiled back at them, offering a soft laugh. he nodded, pretending to look confused before delving into the next topic.

"speaking of mysterious, you disappeared for about three months. we were all pretty concerned, i must say. want to give us any insight on that?"

"well, the truth is, i wasn't doing great mentally. and you wouldn't have known it, if you had looked at me, because celebrities are great at putting on a show. but i didn't want to be that person, you know? my fans are more family than anything, so i figured it would only be fair to drop off the face of the planet to give them a completely genuine me. of course, i still recorded for infinity war and the next spiderman while i was away, so liz and all of her glory will still be on a screen near you."

"well, aren't you just the sweetest," he replied, taking a sip of the drink on his desk. "so, speaking of spiderman: how about you and tom holland?"

adeline laughed, running a hand through her hair before winking at him. "wouldn't you like to know?"

"and there we are with the mysteriousness again."

"no, stop! i'm totally joking. tom and i are tom and i. i know you're looking for the details, but that's all you're getting, all of you." she pointed a teasing finger at the audience, earning laughter from them.

"aw, i want to be indulged," jimmy pouted, shaking his head. he leaned in towards her, pretending to whisper. "so i hear you have a new single."

"yes! it's about a relationship i once had that was just so toxic. and it was like, every time i got out of it, he pulled me back in, and it was so emotionally draining. so i tried to make it stop, and eventually i did. so, it's kind of personal to me, but it's definitely an anthem, in the words of haz."

"well, i'm thrilled. okay, sadly, that's all the time we have, adeline. thank you for joining me. after the break, adeline will perform her new single, new rules, from her album better than revenge!"

--

adelinejones: ma i made it #FallonTonight

--

[07.03.18]

i put a video of her singing new rules at the top/side if you want to hear it! also thanks so much for 13.7k reads, wow!! 💓💓