ED

Ed is my old best friend. He used to tell me how beautiful I was every morning when I looked in the mirror. When I started secondary he became a little bossy, telling me that I should wear makeup because that's what the other girls did. So I listened, I painted my blank canvas and created my own art. I was proud of my art work until ED pointed out how the other girls makeup looks compared to mine. 

After I started crying he apologized immediately, telling me that he only wants what's best for me. I nodded and re-painted my canvas to match the other girls.

A few days later, ED pointed out a girl in the year above me, long thin legs, long blonde hair and a gorgeous smile. "If you tried, if you really tried... You could look like that" he whispered.

I came home and looked in the mirror, I looked st my short messy blonde hair, my crooked teeth and short chubby legs. "...if you really tried...". So I put my foot down and decided to follow his directions.

I'd smoked before but ED would buy the cigarettes and light them in my mouth. It stopped the pain. Eating less and caring about my appearance more and it helped. If you read some of my other poems and my book 'will you help me?' It'll explain what happened next.

Now that I'm homeless ED wasn't on my mind too much, I had no time for him. Now I have some time alone... St night and the idea of eating is getting more and more scary by the day. I'm so sick of myself for letting him Creek back into my life the way I have.

-kian