Mr.WideMouth

A/N The stories might be veryyyyy longggggg or short and I don't own any of the stories. I will get these from the internet so you could look these up

"At the time me and my family was living in New Vineyard Maine we were moving to Pennsylvania! The day after my fifth birthday I came down with a fever. The doctor said I had mononucleosis which meant no rough playing and more fever that may last maybe about 3 weeks. It was a horrible time being bedridden! We were in the process in packing our things to move to Pennsylvania and most of my things were packed in boxes! Leaving my room almost empty. My mother brought me books and Ginger Ale several times a day and became my only entertainment.

I don't exactly recall how I met Mr. WideMouth I think it was about a weak after my fever. My first memory with the small creature was asking him if he had a name. He told me to call him Mr.WideMouth because his mouth was large..well..everything thing about him was large for his body his head his eyes his crooked ears..but his mouth was the largest!
"You look kind of like a Furby." I said
"Furby? What's a Furby?" Mr WideMouth asked.
"You know,the toy. The little robot with the big ears. You can pet and feed them almost like a real pet!" I answered.
"Oh,you don't need one of those. They aren't the same as having a REAL friend" Mr WideMouth said.

I remember Mr WideMouth disappearing every time my mother came in to check on me.
"I don't want your parents to see me I'm afraid they won't let us play anymore." Mr WideMouth explained to me.

The third or fourth morning after I met him, greeted me with a large smile on his face.
"I have a new game we can play. We have to wait after your mother checks to see you because she can't see us play it. It's a secret game...."Mr.WideMouth said.

After my mother got me more books and ginger ale Mr WideMouth slipped out under my bed and tugged my hand.

"We have to go to the room at the end of the hallway."Mr WideMouth said.
I declined first as my parents said I shouldn't get up. But Mr WideMouth insisted until I gave in.

The room was completely empty the only thing in there was a window opposite of the doorway. Mr WideMouth ran to the window and firmly pushing it until it opened he then told me to look at the ground below we were at the second story of the house but it was on a hill,and from this angle the drop was farther down than two stories due to the incline...

I like to play pretend up here. I pretend there is a BIGGG soft trampoline below this window, and I jump. If you pretend hard enough you bounce up like a feather...I want you to try...Mr WideMouth said.

I was a five year old with a fever,so only a hint of skepticism went through my thoughts as I looked down and considered the possibility. "It's a long drop" I said "but that's all part of the fun" Mr WideMouth answered. It wouldn't be that fun if it was a short drop" said Mr WideMouth. "If it were that way you as well just jump on a real trampoline" said Mr WideMouth.
I toyed with the idea but the realist in me prevailed.

"I don't know if I have enough imagination..I could get hurt"
Mr WideMouth's face turned into a snarl... but only for a moment. "If you say so..." Mr WideMouth said a little irritated but only a little.
He spent the rest of the night under my bed quiet as a mouse.

The next morning Mr WideMouth appeared holding a small box.
"I want to teach you how to juggle" Mr WideMouth said "Here is some things to practice with"
I looked inside the box...it was full of sharp knives! "My parents will kill me!" I shouted.

I was Scared that Mr WideMouth had brought knives into my room. Objects that my parents will never allow me to touch.
Mr WideMouth frowned.
"It's fun to juggle with these I want you to try it" Mr WideMouth said irritated.

I pushed the box away. "Knives aren't safe to just throw in the air"I said
Mr WideMouth's frown deepened into a scowl. He took the box of knives and slid under my bed,remaining there the rest of the day.

I began to wonder how often he is under my me. I started having trouble sleeping after that...

Mr WideMouth often woke me up at night saying he put a real trampoline under the window,a big one,one that I couldn't see in the dark.
I always declined and tried to back to sleep,but Mr Wide Mouth persisted.
Sometimes he would stay by my side until the morning,encouraging me to jump.
He wasn't so fun to play with anymore.

My mother came to me one morning and told me I had her permission to walk around outside.
She thought fresh air would be good for me,especially after being confined to my room for so long.
Ecstatic, I put on my sneakers and trotted our to the back porch,yearning for the feeling of the sun on my face.
Mr WideMouth was waiting for me.

" I have something I want you to see" Mr WideMouth said. I must have given a weird look, because he then said "it's safe I promise".

I follow him to the beginning of a deer trail, which lead through the woods behind my house. "This is an important path" he explained. "I've had a lot of friends about your age.
"When they were ready I took them down to this path,to a special place"
"You aren't ready yet,but..one day,I hope to take you there."

I returned to the house wondering what kind of place lay beyond that trail. Two weeks after I met Mr WideMouth the last load of our things had been packed been into a moving truck. I thought about telling Mr WideMouth that I would be moving but even if I'm five I was beginning to suspect that perhaps the creature's intentions were not good for me despite what he said otherwise.
For this reason I decided to not tell him that I would be moving.

My father and I were in the moving truck at about 4:00am. I saw Mr WideMouth's silhouette in my bedroom window...he stood motionless until the truck was about to turn onto the main road. He gave a little pitiful wave goodbye..steak knife in hand. I didn't wave back.

Years later I returned to New Vineyard. The piece of land our house stood upon was empty,except the foundation,as the house burned down a few years after my family left. Out of curiosity I followed the trail that Mr WideMouth had shown me.

Part of me expected him to jump out from behind a tree but I felt like Mr WideMouth was gone somehow tied to the house that no longer existed. The trail ended at the....New Vineyard Memorial Cemetery. I noticed that many of the tombstones belonged to children....